To Those Struggling With Body Image

If You're Struggling With Body Image, Focus On The Good

Just because you don't look like someone you think is attractive doesn't mean you aren't attractive.

42

On social media, the majority of the posts are people showing off their "perfect" body or face. Summer is a big time for people to post about their "summer bods." Because of posts on social media, more and more people are comparing themselves to others and are getting more and more insecure.

People think they are too fat, too skinny, not curvy enough, too tall, too short, the list goes on and on. With that being said, a lot of people will have surgery to change the way they look, avoid wearing certain clothing, do anything to hide the thing/things they are insecure about. However, there's something you can do that's a baby step in being more confident in yourself.

Recently, Odyssey asked their Instagram followers, "How do you stay body positive all year round?" I responded with, "I wear clothes that compliment the parts of my body I am confident in."

If you're a girl and you don't like the way your chest looks, but you're confident in the way your legs or the bottom half of your body looks, wear clothes that compliment your legs or the other parts of your body you are happy with.

SEE ALSO: 8 Twenty-Something Gals Share How They Stay Body Positive, 365 Days A Year

This seems so little and like it won't do anything with your confidence, but the more you do it, the more content you will be with your body. If you're a guy and you aren't a big fan of how your stomach looks but you're confident in the way your arms look, find a shirt that will cover your stomach in the way you want it to, but also show your arms the way you want them to.

Today, there are thousands of different styles of dresses, pants, shirts, even bathing suits, that will highlight certain parts of your body that you are satisfied with.

The more clothes you wear that look better on the parts of your body you're proud of, you'll go throughout your day 10 times more comfortable than if you were to try to hide and be cautious of your body. Everyone deserves to be happy, especially in their own skin.