6 Self-Care Tips That Have Changed My Life

Have a Chandler Bing moment.

25

Self-care is something that is really important, and something that people should take into consideration more. Self-care can be, in my book, anything that helps you decompress and gives you the chance to focus on yourself or make you happy. I often find myself putting others before myself. I always want to make sure I can accommodate others and make everyone else happy. But a couple of months ago, I realized I needed to take time to put myself first and make me happy. Here are some things I did to make that happen.

1. Face Masks

Face masks are my thing to go to. There are tons and tons of fantastic masks out there to try. I find that face masks help me relax and feel like I'm getting a facial when I can't get one. I recommend though to find one that is right for your skin type, not what's most popular.

2. Facials

I know these can be expensive, but getting a facial once a month, or once every two months even really, makes a difference. Not only does it help your skin, but it gives you the chance to disconnect from the world and relax for an hour. The soothing music and someone basically giving you an hour long massage on your face is one of the best feelings ever.

3. Naps

Yes, I consider naps self-care. Taking 30 minutes to an hour out of your day to nap is totally necessary and okay. Sometimes you just need that little recharge to finish out your day. And if it ends up being more like four or fives hours long, that's okay too!!

4. Mani/Pedis

My nails are something that I feel make or break me. I love when my nails are all done and looking nice. I admit, sometimes when my shellac starts to peel, I peel and it starts looking janky. But getting my nails done makes me feel fresh and complete.

5. Binge Fests

Sometimes you need to just lay in bed or sit on the couch and binge on some Netflix. It's okay to take a day, stay in your PJ's and watch season upon season of something.

6. A Good, Hot Bath/Shower

A good hot bath or shower is something that I find super relaxing. Letting the hot water just open you up and sweat out the stress is very satisfying.

Point is, take time for yourself. Put others aside and focus on you. Do what makes you happy, and I categorize that as self-care. So take this week, and treat yourself!!