7 Reasons 'Folklore' Proves Taylor Swift Is The Last Great American ANYTHING In 2020

It's not a "hoax," 2020 has really had a marvelous time ruining everything, but at least "folklore" brought us "peace." OK, I'm done.

492

Taylor Swift's "folklore" is on EVERYONE'S minds still right now. It's been a week since it's released and it's still topping most charts.

This was Taylor's eighth studio album, and I have said this repeatedly, but the SECOND one that she owns, thank you very much.

While her last album, "Lover," was a crowd favorite, I am 100 percent convinced that Swifties are still talking HARDCORE about "folklore" because they were all so thrown off over its release. Like, "Oh, only less than 24 hours with no easter eggs to plan for the drop of my favorite artist of all time? I AM CALM."

At least, that's how I picture the thoughts because I, a Swiftie, have experienced them myself. 2020 has definitely not gone as planned for us, but this album really gave us some bliss for a little while.

1. The lyrics about the lost loves are just to die for. 

"Even on my worst day, did I deserve, babe / All the hell you gave me? / 'Cause I loved you, I swear / I loved you 'til my dying day " — "my tears ricochet"

2.  The lyrics that just make you feel like a bad ass.

"There goes the loudest woman this town has ever seen, I had a marvelous time ruining everything" — "the last great american dynasty"

3. The shock, excitement,  and the rest of the serotonin that our bodies could handle upon her announcement of the album.

"And I almost died when I read the news. Usually, with Taylor Swift's new albums, she announces them and they aren't released for a couple of weeks. But with her new album, she's given her fans less than a day to prepare."

4. The theories. The ENDLESS theories. 

Tay announced her album on the day of the 1D 10-year anniversary, and that raised some eyebrows here and there. I'm sure it would've raised more if everyone weren't so distracted that we were getting a SURPRISE album.

5. Nobody can fully decide their favorite song on the album because it truly changes on a daily basis. 

Honestly, it's hard to rank songs on a new album of your favorite artist, but this one was even harder. It was like trying to rank your favorite TV show episode or book chapter. Every single one has its pros.

6. Of course, there would be some shade that would just be absolutely laughable. 

Nothing like Smash Mouth coming out of the hollows of nothing to dis someone way more talented than them.

7. The reviews are in, and they are STELLAR. 

Taylor Swift has loads and loads of incredible masterpieces, but "folklore" is raved over for its stories and whimsical melodies.

If you have not listened to "folklore" yet, stream it now, you are missing out.