30 Lyrics From Taylor Swift's New Album 'Folklore' — Because We Can't Just Pick The 1

"folklore" is exactly what we all needed right now.

48142

On Thursday, July 23, Taylor had a big surprise for Swifties around the world: the release of her eighth album, "folklore".

Speculation about the album's release had set the date of the drop for 2022, but Swift took it upon herself to bring into the world a little earlier than planned, in a different way than she planned. And we aren't mad.

It's been a cruel summer (get it?), but this album has definitely taken the edge off. Here are 30 of our favorite lyrics.

1. "If you wanted me, you really should have showed"

"the 1"

2. "Roaring 20s tossing pennies in the pool, and if my wishes came true, it would have been you"

"the 1"

3. "In my defense I have none for never leaving well enough alone"

"the 1"

4. "When I felt like I was an old cardigan under someone's bed, you put me on and said I was your favorite"

"cardigan"

5. "You drew stars around my scars but now I'm bleeding"

"cardigan"

6. "There goes the loudest woman this town has ever seen, I had a marvelous time ruining everything"

"the last great american dynasty"

7. "You're not my homeland anymore, so what am I defending now?"

"exile" (feat. Bon Iver)

8. "Balancing on breaking branches, those eyes add insult to injury"

"exile" (feat. Bon Iver)

9. "Even on my worst day, did I deserve babe, all the hell you gave me?"

"my tears ricochet"

10. "If I'm dead to you, why are you at the wake?"

"my tears ricochet"

11. "You know I didn't want to have to haunt you, but what a ghostly scene"

"my tears ricochet"

12. "I'm still a believer, but I don't know why, I've never been a natural, all I do is try"

"mirrorball"

13. "Passed down like folksongs, our love lasts so long"

"seven"

14. "August slipped away like a bottle of wine 'cause you were never mine"

"august"

15. "To live for the hope of all, cancel plans just in case you would call"

"august"

16. "I didn't know if you'd care if I came back, I have a lot of regrets about that"

"this is me trying"

17. "You're a flashback in a film reel"

"this is me trying"

18. "Take the words for what they are: a dwindling mercurial high, a drug that only worked the first few hundred times"

"illicit affairs"

19. "They show their truth one single time, but they lie and they lie and they lie a million little times"

"illicit affairs"

20. "Don't call me baby, look at this godforsaken mess that you made me"

"illicit affairs"

21. "Isn't it just so pretty to think all along there was some invisible string tying you to me?"

"invisible string"

22. "Time, mystical time cutting me open then healing me fine"

"invisible string"

23. "There's nothing like a mad woman, what a shame she went mad, no one likes a mad women... you made her like that"

"mad woman"

24. "You poke that bear 'til the claws come out and you find something to wrap your noose around"

"mad woman"

25. "Only twenty minutes to sleep, but you dream of some epiphany"

"epiphany"

26. "With you I serve, with you I fall down, watch you breathe in, watch you breathing out"

"epiphany"

27. "Right now is the last time I can dream about what happens when you see my face again"

"betty"

28. "You know that I'd swing with you for the fences, sit with you in the trenches, give you my wild, give you a child"

"peace"

29. "Give you the silence that only comes when two people understand each other, family that I chose now that I see your brother as my brother"

"peace"

30. "Stood on the cliffside screaming 'give me a reason', your faithless love's the only hoax I believe in"

"hoax"

From Your Site Articles