The 13 Best Super Bowl Commercials of 2017

This year, we aren't sure which game was more competitive: the football, or the ads.

12

Last week, I brought to you all some of my personal favorite Super Bowl commercials from over the years Without further adieu, I bring you the 13 best commercials from Super Bowl LI:

Skittles: “Romance”

The Rubix Cube is turned a few times until everyone’s having a midnight snack, including Sarah’s mom, her grandma, a burglar, a cop and even a beaver.

Hyundai: Virtual Reality

Director Peter Berg shot this commercial during the game. It begins with a helicopter flying over a US military base in Poland and noting that Americans wouldn’t be able to watch the game without the troops. The soldiers watch the first quarter of the game before being pulled into a mystery room, where they get to “attend” the game with their families thousands of miles away.

Budweiser: “Born The Hard Way”

This commercial reminds us that one of the company’s founders moved to America from Germany in the early 1800’s, indicating that without immigrants we wouldn’t have Budweiser.

Kia: "Hero's Journey"

In this, Melissa McCarthy tries to save whales, trees and icebergs, with unfortunate results. It’s funny, but the tagline “It’s hard to be an eco warrior, but it’s easy to drive like one” is cringe worthy.

Audi: “Daughter”

Audi endorses equal pay for women in this commercial where a father watches his daughter win a soapbox race.

Avocados From Mexico: “#AvoSecrets”

In this, the biggest secret the Illuminati has to keep is the health benefits of avocados.

Buick: "Pee Wee Football"

Featuring Cam Newton and Miranda Kerr, this commercial shows how Cam Newton would fare on a pee-wee league team.

Buffalo Wild Wings: “The Conspiracy”

Brett Farve has a conspiracy theory that the culprit of all his interceptions is Buffalo Wild Wings.

Wix.com: "Bistro"

In the first part of this commercial, restaurant owner “Felix” is trying to build a website for his bistro when Gal Gadot and Jason Statham come in and blow up his restaurant.

Ford: “Go Further”

Ford’s ad wants to help make our lives easier with self driving cars, electric vehicles and bike sharing.

Bai: “BaiBaiBai”

Justin Timberlake and Christopher Walken perform the duet to end all duets.

Airbnb: “We Accept”

AirBnB comes with a message spreading acceptance and love, no matter where you come from. With the exception of their tiny logo, their brand was absent from the ad.

Honda: “Yearbook”

This commercial shows animated yearbook photos of celebrities like Tina Fey, Amy Adams and Steve Carrell, promoting the new Honda CR-V.