So for most college students, school starts in about a week or so. The week that is coming up is what I like to call the scrambling time. This is the time when you realize that you don't have any school supplies and even though you move in next week, you still don't have anything packed. This is when you start to question is you want to go back to school to learn or to just hang out with your friends. This is also when you start to become emotional towards your family members, even though you knew this was coming.

This is the most confusing part of the whole school year, even more than the first day of school. During this time, you don't know what you're supposed to be doing. Should you be getting things together for school or enjoying your last few days of freedom. Should you binge all the television you can or should you slowly begin to get preparing for your classes? Honestly, this is the time when you just want to jump into the school year and not have to ease into it. This is also the time when you feel like you're not being productive even though you made lunch and did laundry, but you're not exploring like everyone else.

So I have to plan for something that isn't taking place until November and I'm already stressed out. This is also the time when people start to get stressed out about things that aren't even close to happening yet. I feel like everyone else has all the time in the world and are prepared for the new school year while I'm still stuck in last year. I feel like this summer I did nothing and everyone else has been secretly getting ready in another world and just forgot to tell me. Ugh and it's only August.

How is it already August? It feels like it was just May and now three months have just flown by and I have nothing to show for it. I am not prepared for my classes or my sorority or life in general. This is when people start to try and figure out who they are and what they want to do with their lives. I have no idea what I want to do with my life and I don't know if I can even get to what I think I want to do. It honestly feels like I am stuck in July and everyone else is in August.

I don't know how to catch up to the rest of the people in the world. I really hope that I'm not the only person who feels left behind in another month and who feels completely unprepared for what is to come. I am totally not prepared and that's okay. I know that after August ends, I will eventually become not behind and I will be mostly caught up. I know that this week or two feels weird and you're not sure what to do. You should definitely watch all the Netflix you can and do as little as you can because in a week it will all be gone, until the next "scramble week" comes.