In elementary school, middle school and high school, summer vacation was arguably the best time of the year. It meant no more homework, hanging out with your friends, and the occasional summer job that was a breeze. The older I get the more I dislike summer vacation because it's truly no longer a vacation.

Your days are filled with harder jobs or summer classes, your sleep schedule is a mess, and you and your friend's schedules are way harder to match up. Worst, you're separated from your college friends for 3 months and the freedom that comes with being a college student.

Here are 17 things that literally suck the life out of all college students during their summer break, much like how the dementors sucked the life out of Prison Mike and Harry Potter.

1. Waking up early

Remember the days when you could actually sleep in in the summer?

2. Work/Internships

Sure, you're making money but it's exhausting being an adult and actually working all week. Is this what the rest of my life looks like?

3. Curfew

I'm so used to doing things on my own time when i'm at school that having an actual curfew, that usually starts before I usually even go out at school, is hella frustrating.

4. A uniform

Depending on your job, you probably have some sort of a uniform, which can be nice but also a big change from wearing sweatshirts to class all year

5. Needing to ask your parents' permission to do things

Need I say more?

6. Bad customers

Again, depending on your job, an irritable customer who doesn't tip well could absolutely ruin your day

7. Parents asking about finals

The year is over, you don't want to think about finals, classes or your grades (that probably weren't your best)

8. Cooking

Actually needing to put effort into making your food is a culture shock coming off of take out and dining hall food

9. "Do you have a boyfriend"

Ask me one more time I dare you

10. Summer classes

As much as you wish you were at school, you'd rather not be taking that extra physics class

11. Doctors appointments

The one time of year that you're home for an extended amount of time = getting in all of your yearly appointments

12. Driving to get anywhere

Listen, I love driving but it's super inconvenient when you want to see your friends and you can't just run down the hall anymore

13. Not being able to see your college friends

separation. anxiety.

14. Paying for anything and everything

Yeah, your campus card doesn't work anymore and you realize how broke you really are

15. Cleaning

Your parents will notice if your room is messy and will make you clean it, rip

16. "The grey area"

That time period when you first get home and work hasn't started but also none of your home friends are back from school yet so you sit around and do nothing

17. Questions about your future

Just don't.