10 Things You Know If Your Roommate Is A College Athlete

She's not just my roommate, she's not just an athlete, she's my best friend and I'm her biggest fan.

1299
Celina Leggiere

Some roommates are chosen. Some roommates are assigned.

Usually, it's the assigned ones that end up driving you nuts, are total slobs or have weird habits and a funky lifestyle. Mine, on the other hand, is the opposite and I have nothing but sports and her family to thank for the person she is. She is a goal driven, hard working, mind over matter, a "get up I'm taking you to the gym" kind of roommate.

The kind that though she was assigned to you and you to her she had no problem putting herself out there to become your best friend. Before she knew me well she showed great excitement to live with me.

The roommate that is bluntly honest with you and pushes you to be the best version of yourself and not just physically. The roommate that sneaks home food from the "athlete only dining hall" so you can eat well too at night.

Now she's not just my roommate, she is not just an athlete, she's my best friend and I'm her biggest fan.

1. They are very much morning people

They're always waking up early for workouts or practices. They are very self-disciplined to going to sleep at decent hour. Something we all envy.

2. They Shower A lot!

As busy and as sweaty as they always are they value their shower time and they do it very often like it's a form of therapy.

3. They eat very healthy

Whether they are whipping up something in the kitchen, or bringing home steak and potatoes from their dining hall, they are dedicated to eating healthy. They also drink water like they are fish.

4. They are very good motivational/inspirational speakers

5. You have to make appointments with them to hang out

Their schedule is CRAZY. Usually by the time they are home and relaxing they are pooped and wanting to get some good sleep. If you want quality time, dinner, lunch, coffee, make an appointment 3-5 days ahead of time.

6. When you found out you were rooming with an athlete you fangirled hard.

"Whoa, you play sports here? That's so cool. Like you're famous! Which automatically means I'm kind of famous too."

7. Play Wrestling is Dangerous

They are all muscle, so unless you want to land on your butt or get a concussion by hitting your head on their calf don't mess with them.

8. Sometimes their bodies make weird noises.

Cracking their back sounds like walking on bubble wrap. They are double jointed literally everywhere it seems.

9. You never have to pay to watch them play

If they love you and Y'all are best friends and not just roommates you get some benefits like being on the Pass List just like family.

10. You're their biggest fan! (Other than their family)

You're the loudest at their games, Over the top making signs/posters. Telling everyone around you "number _____ is my roommate!" And making everyone cheer them on too.