Rest In Peace, Spring Break

Rest In Peace, Spring Break

You are missed.

25
Rest In Peace, Spring Break
South Padre Shuttle

Spring break was over exactly a week ago today and I already miss it. Coming back from a long car ride and having to attend school the next day was miserable, to say the least. Luckily, I didn’t have any tests or papers due that week, but I felt sorry for those students that did.

I was also lucky enough to have gone to a “Spring Break Destination” this year instead of going home. There are three types of spring breaks: the beach, the mountains, and going home. All have advantages and disadvantages. The beaches are usually crazy and crowded, but a ton of fun. The mountains are peaceful and you and your friends get to hide away and have fun together in a cabin, and going home means you get to relax and not have a schedule or spend money--all are fun.

Going on spring break made me closer to the group of friends I went with. We will always have that week at South Padre Island together. In fact, we still have the group text message running. I have already hung out with them more now back in Norman than I did before break. We made so many inside jokes and had fun constantly. We all still recount our stories and it’s hard to explain the fun to others that weren’t there.

We were constantly on the go... to have fun. It never stopped. When it did stop, it was because we were napping before going out again. Spring break was one of the best weeks of my life. I am so happy I went with the friends I did and that I now have them in my life. We are all close now and I can trust them with anything. We spent a total of 22 hours in the car together and I don’t regret a thing.

So as I start a new week full of tests, papers, and the stress of finals coming close, I miss spring break more than anything and am constantly texting and asking my group to hang out. Well, rest in peace, spring break. You are missed.