It's Not You, And It's Not Me, I'm Just In College
relationships

This relationship is not in my future yet.

111

In college, you have the students who are in the relationship than those who are single. For some being in a relationship in college is what they want to do especially if they have a five year plan in their head which involves a proposal in the last year of school. Some its about finding their independence and finding out who they are as a person. As this is the time you don't have a parent or guardian around seeing that you are doing certain things.

And for me, I would be fine in a relationship or being single. Though I probably rather be single as at the moment I have no clue what my future will look like. And being in a relationship will probably have me shape my future to my partner and not what I always dreamed it to be. Also, college is about adventures as once graduation happens you will be working to pay off your student debt if you have any or trying to make a living outside of your parent house.

Also in college, you can be taking eighteen credit, have a job, be involved in a ton organization and somehow have to find time for your relationship. For me, I couldn't do that because I am bad at time management. So if I was in a relationship it wouldn't be fair because I couldn't put in as much commitment as I should because I would have other things to do while finding my own time to study and just be myself without having to be on the go.

So I may actually really like you but I'm not ready to see what can happen without losing what I see as a carefree independent college experience. But maybe one day it will happen and we will know who we are without the worry about finding yourself while being with another. But at the moment I need to be on my own to find what is my future before anything can happen because it would not be fair to date for maybe years only to feel as though I never got the true experience or be unhappy because I tried to make myself into something I am not because I wanted our future to look the same even though it may not have been what I wanted before the relationship started.

Don't take me the wrong way there are people who are not like this in a relationship and can go and do trips without their partner but this is how I can see a relationship in college. And I applaud you if you can get the college experience and be in a committed relationship and maybe before I graduate I can find the balance between a relationship and the college experience.