The 10 Types Of People You Don't Want To Be Friends With
Self Love

We've all been a few of them before, too.

397

I generally try to be nice to everyone. But, there are a few types of people that I just can't get myself to tolerate or stay friends with. In college, I try to be more selective with who I call a close friend and here are some that just don't make the cut.

1. Overly-Attached and Needy

This is the friend that gets jealous when you post a Snapchat story with anyone that isn't her. It's embarrassing and cringey all at the same time, and no matter how many times you ignore her, she keeps coming back. She'll bug you to hang out until you've run out of excuses why you can't.

2. Flaky and Always Busy

This is basically the opposite of the first person. This is the kind of friend that cancels on you last minute because she realized she already had plans. As if. Either she doesn't like you, or she really is just too cool and busy to hang out with you. And either way, why would you want to be friends with her?

3. Judgmental and Just Plain Rude

This type of friend is the one to rudely comment on passers-by while you're eating Chinese food in the mall. She'll roll her eyes and mention how much she hates that girls' outfit. It's to the point where you are so tired of hearing her talk crap about other people, that you'll wonder if she talks that way about you.

4. Gossips and Blabs Constantly

This person is similar to the previous one, but not quite. This person doesn't necessarily speak rudely about others, but will continuously spread rumors and gossip about everyone. You learn that you can't tell her any secrets without 50 people hearing about it the next day, so you stop telling her anything at all.

5. Negative and Downright Depressing

Nobody wants a friend that constantly complains about how miserable their life is. We all have our own problems going on, your life isn't worse than anyone else's. It's honestly tiring consoling this person every day, but never getting any help with your own problems.

6. Can't Socialize Without Alcohol

Obviously, we all need to take the edge off and indulge sometimes. But, this is the person who can't hang out with you unless they have a bottle of liquor in their hand. It says something about a person if they can't have fun without being intoxicated, and plus, you don't have the money for that kind of addiction yet.

7. Brags About Everything

I don't want to hear about how your parents pay for everything you own. Not a single bit. It's not cool to be 20 years old and still not have a job, it's actually quite embarrassing. If you are going to brag, at least make it something that you worked for yourself.

8. Mooches and Never Pays You Back

Over time, you'll start to notice that this person never offers to pay the bill at dinner and somehow you are always the one doing it. They'll promise to Venmo you back but somehow "forget." Don't be the cheapskate that surfs by on everyone else's money.

9. Only Talks To You When Single

This might be the absolute worst one on the list, in my opinion. It happens so frequently when you're hanging out almost every day and all of a sudden, they get a boyfriend. And they never speak to you again. Hasn't anyone ever told you that friends are way more important than stupid boys? Good luck crawling back after the break-up.

10. Always the Victim

This is the person who cannot accept their own failure. It's always someone else's fault, even when the mistake made was clearly their own doing. You can't even call them out because they'll make you feel like the bad guy.

Take my advice and steer clear of anyone who exhibits any of these behaviors. All of them just lead to unhappy endings, and we already have enough college drama going on to deal with anything else.