5 Songs For A 'Self-Love Sunday' Playlist

Reclaim Your Weekends From The 'Sunday Scaries' With 'Self-Love Sundays' Instead

Everyone needs a day to themselves sometimes.

6917
Olivia DeLucia

Laid back and taking it easy — sometimes that is the motto we all need after a busy week. Sunday scaries? Yes, they are valid – but you know what else is? A Sunday full of self-love. A lazy Sunday spent doing what you feel needs to be done to ease into the next week. Self-Love Sundays are a guilty pleasure that isn't only essential for our mind, and body, but are also a surprisingly proactive way to devote the upcoming week with a clear mindset.

So, what is a more suitable way to dedicate your week's end than a beautifully, connected playlist to accompany your face masks and journaling? Cheers, to a Self-Love Sunday (and a playlist intertwined with it to match). (Please note: "Sunday Morning" isn't included in this list, due to the obvious, but feel free to blast it anyway, we know you want to).

1. "Feel My Flow" – Naughty by Nature

Blast that '90s hip hop and brew that coffee. Hop in the shower and aid to that caffeine craving pronto. Something about this song will make you want to get whatever you need to achieve that morning.

2. "Morning" – Marc E Bassy 

Do some stretching or some restorative yoga to this jam. You can even enjoy a morning stroll to this easy beat. The title is fitting, so I suggest you play it before the p.m.

3. "Weekends" – by Amy Shark 

Have a cup of tea, read a book or do some work from home to this little song. Weekends come to an end, but this song is good when the weekend is over and the week is just beginning.

4. "Moonlight" – Grace Vanderwaal 

I suggest letting this one play when the sun is about to set. Maybe do some laundry, light a candle and put on that facemask. Feel free to dance in the moonlight, like the lyrics say.

5. "Lime Tree" – Trevor Hall 

Time to say goodnight and feel restful for the new week. Ease your mind and relax with this little tune. Feel gratitude for your lazy day and wash the Sunday Scaries away.

Self-Love Sundays are needed every now and then. Jot them in your calendar and pencil time for these lazy days in. Your mind, your body and earbuds (thanks to the music) will thank you.