After being at University Park for a year now, I've noticed a few things on campus that just don't make sense to me. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. Penn State, here are some questions I have for you:
1. Why is there only three gyms and they each hold a max of 250 students?
There are 45,000 students that attend University Park, so why aren't there more gyms around campus and why don't they hold more than 250 students at a time?
2. Speaking of the gym, why do I have to pay for it?
At my old branch, I didn't have to pay for a gym membership, but here I do. I pay a student activity charge! Shouldn't that cover my gym cost?
3. And why aren't they open 24/7?
4. Why isn't there a Blue Loop that goes in the opposite direction?
There are a few days where I want to take a blue loop back to my apartment but it's always on the other side of campus. If there was a blue loop that runs in the opposite direction it would cut down on the number of students on one bus along with cutting down on travel time for some students.
5. Why doesn't the Nittany apartments have a washer and dryer in each apartment?
I pay five thousand dollars a semester and I don't even have a washer and dryer...WTH Penn State!
6. Speaking of Nittany apartments, why is my townhouse the only one without a back door?
I'm bitter towards all of the townhouse residents that have a back door and I'll probably stay bitter until I leave my townhouse.
7. Why must the maintenance crew begin working outside my apartment at 6 a.m. sharp?
I personally think that maintenance shouldn't be allowed to do loud work outside my apartment until at least 8 a.m.
8. Why do parking passes cost so much?
I went to a branch campus where it cost like $300 a year to park compared to the $620 that I have to pay here. Not to mention that other schools like Slippery Rock only pay $25 for the year... Are you trying to make me poor?
9. Why can't my meal plan discount be towards the stuff in the Mix, creamery, or anywhere that isn't a dining hall?
What's the point of a meal plan if I have to pay full price at the Mix or the Creamery?
10. Why isn't there a Dunkin in the hub?
I personally prefer Dunkin over Starbucks and don't understand why there's a Starbucks in the hub and downtown whereas there's only a Dunkin downtown.
11. Why are you constantly doing construction?
You have three months during the summer to do all of the construction that you want to do. Why must you wait until the middle of fall or spring semester to do anything?
12. Speaking of construction, why are the sidewalks always under construction?
Get your sh*t together Penn State.