What Its Like Being A Pale Girl During The Summer

I don't know about you all, but I burn in the summer time, and I mean I burn. Two summers in a row I burnt so bad I blistered. It was not pretty. I laid in bed, miserable and ended up missing 4th of July festivities, which if you know me, you know I love the 4th of July and all of it's festivities. So, it sucks when you have to stay home because you are that miserable due to a sunburn.

It didn't matter how much or how often I put sunscreen on, the results were the same. I was destined to be the girl who always got sunburnt. It was either burn or stay inside the whole summer. I could literally swim in sunblock and somehow I would manage to still burn to a crisp.

I could be in the sun off and on for an hour, and still manage to burn. It's pretty annoying.

And as if burning every time I go out in the sun isn't had enough, I barely tan. I can't hold a tan to save my life. It's like I burn and then it goes right back to the pale skin.

As I have gotten older, I've learned to be more conscious about my skin. Putting sunblock on prior to leaving my house and taking care of the burn that is sure to follow once I get home.

I've had better experiences this year with being out in the sun. Somehow I have managed to hang onto what little tan I have. Maybe it's that whole taking care of my skin after I have burned thing or maybe it's just pure luck. Who really knows?

To all my fellow pale girls out there: good luck.