15 Things You Should NOT Say To Pale Girls This Summer

From some of my most recent texts to what I have heard over the years.

8859
Jayden Trotter

1. "Wow, you're so pale."

Yes, yes, I know. You don't have to remind 365 days in a row.

2. "Don't forget your sunscreen."

Trust me, I won't...even my chapstick has SPF in it.

3. "C'mon, let's go outside and tan."

LOL. Me? Tan? Fake Bake doesn't even work on me. I'll burn after five minutes in the sun.

4. "Aren't you hot in those jeans?"

Very hot, but I’d rather be hot than sunburned.

SEE ALSO: 42 Poems Every Female College Student Needs To Read

5. "Wow, you have so many freckles."

It's the only color I get..

6. "You remind me of Casper."

Unless you're a part of my family or have known me my whole life, please refrain from calling me Casper. It is very rude and you're acting like I can help being this pale.

7. "You are blinding me, cover those up!!"

Seriously?! Do I even have to explain this one?

8. "Why don't you go to a tanning bed?"

Um, still can get burnt in a tanning bed and I'm not putting myself through that WILLINGLY.

9. "How about a spray tan?"

Hahahahahaha, only Oompa Loompa's and our president can pull off that kind of color.

10. "No one needs a flashlight to see you in the dark."

I really had someone tell me this the other day....but I don't understand how that is possible. SO, just don't say it.

11. "Is everyone in your family this pale?"

Kinda, sorta. BUT I am by far the palest and darn proud too.

12. "All white girls ever do is tan, drink Starbucks, and complain."

HA HA, not this white girl. Must be nice though.

13. "You're not only pale because you're a redhead. So why not dye your hair?"

Yeah, that's what they say but the whole dying my hair? I do not believe that is how it works, but A for effort?

14. *takes off makeup* "OMG, are you OK? Are you sick?"

No, I'm okay. I am not sick, just extremely pale.

15. "I feel like pale skin looks good on you but you should really go to the tanning bed because you are just too pale and it's kind of unattractive."

Do you really want to know what is unattractive? When we are 35 years old and your skin is already wrinkling because of how many times you have been to the tanning bed or have slathered yourself with tanning lotion to get this “perfect” skin color, yet my skin will still be tight and in place. I will be the grandmother who looks 30 at 50 and you will look 70 at 50. (I mean my mom looks 21 still, so I have some good genes.)

Yes, I did take some of these from my most recent texts, so they are accurate and yeah, a few of my friends are pretty rude.

Please think of how you are going to compliment me, and other fair skinned people, this summer. We're not lucky; we burn easily then go right back to being pale. When in a group of people, everyone always says "Just look for the pale one" to describe where we are. I like being pale with my red hair and blue eyes.