13 Reasons We're​ Using Quarantine To Online Shop This Month

13 Reasons We're Using Quarantine As The Ultimate Excuse For Online Shopping This Month

The one thing we haven't distanced from is our bank account.

7818

Throughout quarantine, I've been FaceTiming most of my friends in a full turtleneck or the go-to cozy sweater I keep wrapped around the chair in my room. Either way, I always have tea in my hands to keep myself warm — till this past week.

For most of the country who hasn't had the luck of quarantining in 90-degree weather on their family's lake house or with a backyard pool, things began to change this month. Our favorite shows came out with summer seasons, the sun came out, and we started spending more time outside.

We're trading our sweatpants for bikinis, hot tea for ice-cold margaritas, and house slippers for some stylish, comfy sneakers. Seasons come and go, but our undying love for online shopping is forever. We may not be able to window shop our favorite stores right now, but that doesn't mean we won't mindlessly be adding items to our (virtual) cart for the months to come.

Though quarantine has shed light on our healthcare workers and their specific needs right now, some things never change around this time of year: Father's Day is upon us, and our 2020 graduates are all on the hunt for the perfect gifts to honor our favorite teachers.

There's always a reason to be racking up some credit card points, but this season in particular has posed some new reasons we've been taking out our cards, like minimalist makeup and an emphasis on skincare. Here are some of our favorite excuses to be opening up our wallets this month.

We talked to a derm who told us his top recs for curing your quarantine stress acne.

Mental health has been brought to the forefront now more than ever, and with good reason. Anxiety and stress rates are higher than ever now, and one of the first places that can show up is on your face.

We had to make the decadent dalgona whipped coffee that's all over TikTok.

If we're going to be living in a quarantined version of Groundhog Day, we might as well wake up to some luxurious dessert as an excuse for coffee, right?

We occasionally wanted to put on just a little bit of makeup.

We mostly stopped wearing makeup. But when we occasionally want a little boost for our Hinge video dates, we'll throw on this tinted moisturizer.

Now became the perfect time to test out that new K-Beauty rubber face mask.

Skincare became such a massive priority for us the past couple of months. Spending so much time indoors has our skin dryer than ever before, and now is the perfect time to be testing out all the skincare products we might have been hesitant to try out before at risk of them having an adverse effect. (Trust me, this mask won't.)

Any of these shoes are the ideal gift for the healthcare worker in our lives.

Our heroes, the healthcare workers who don't have the luxury of staying at home like many of us do, are on their feet all day. All of these shoes are massively comfortable, and they don't sacrifice style for comfort like some comfy shoes tend to.

These at-home self-tanners will have us ready the second we can start going to beach parties.

We're not hitting up any fire pit parties or booking beach vacas any time soon, but we want to be glowed up and ready for the second we can.

This season's bikini's are so cute, we don't care if we'll just be wearing them in our yards.

It's only been about a week of bikini weather for me, and I'm already itching to put one of these size-inclusive bathing suits on just to lay on my back deck with a book and a marg.

This hair heat-styling detox has us thinking more seriously about what heat tools we use.

My hair has benefitted greatly from my not touching it. But, for those days I want to style it, I want to make sure I'm doing so with something high-quality that won't cause it damage, which is exactly where this Bellami flat iron comes in.

Some of us got sick of our partners', husbands', and boyfriends' excessive hair growth.

Whether it was their beard, mustache, head, or even body hair, they'd heard us complaining about it enough, which is where these hair clippers come in to save the day. Plus, they're all on Amazon, so it won't be long before they won't have any excuse but to cut their hair — but we won't blame you if you do it to them in their sleep.

Father's Day is upon us, and you're dying for an excuse to buy him a new shirt to wear.

Most dads are pretty low-maintenance, which is exactly why they've been wearing the same two shirts in quarantine every day. We love them for being easy to take care of (most of the time), but we'd still appreciate them changing it up once in a while, even if it is just out of guilt of having to wear one of these shirts you got him as a present.

Some of our favorite fashion brands showed their support in the fight against coronavirus.

We were probably going to be online shopping for clothes anyway, but knowing there are brands doing good by giving back to the world and the communities those businesses are engrained in right now is a positive way to focus our online shopping addiction on the powers of good.

We want to gift the first-time dads in our lives something special for Father's Day.

Father's Day is, of course, always special. But for the dads out there celebrating their first Father's Day as an actual dad, this is a big one — these gifts work for first-time grandfathers, too.

"Friends" came to HBO Max this month.

Of course, we all pre-ordered HBO Max to be ready to binge the series over and over again for the next several months. We've all played the game with our friend group, assigning each one to one of the characters, but we put a bit of a zodiac spin on the typical game to find out which "Friends" character you are in light of the series coming back to our television, phone, and laptop screens.