"Nice Guys" Aren't Really Nice Guys At All
relationships

'Nice Guys,' Aren't Really Nice Guys After All

Ladies, in the end, it all comes down to the fact that you don't owe anybody anything regardless of how they feel about you. Guys, keep in mind that there's more to being a nice guy than simply proclaiming that you are.

71
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-holding-man-s-hand-during-day-773124/

Contrary to popular belief, nice guys do not actually finish last.

I'm sure you have all heard the saying, "Nice guys finish last," but despite how often people say it, that doesn't make it true. The idea that girls typically go for "bad boys," or guys who treat them badly instead of nice guys is a societal stigma that needs to come to an end.

With this being said, the distinction between guys who are actually nice and self-proclaimed nice guys has to be made. Self-proclaimed "nice guys," are the guys who believe that they don't get girls because they are simply too nice to them.

Usually, they proceed to get angry when girls reject them. However, just because a guy is nice and respectful to a girl does not mean that girl should be obligated to like said "nice guy."

Feelings are not dependent upon how nice an individual might be to another and everyone has the right to choose who they have feelings for, and who they don't have feelings for, despite an individual's expectations.

I know that rejection is not easy to cope with, but people need to start becoming more accepting of it. If someone does not reciprocate feelings, it doesn't mean that they are a bad person, it just means the two of you aren't meant to be together.

Sometimes, the rejection might even save you from wasting your time, and steer you in the right direction towards what you really deserve. Sure, it is perfectly fine to be upset after being rejected, but if somebody doesn't reciprocate feelings, there is no need to harass them. No ifs, ands or buts; end of story.

For some reason, guys who proclaim themselves to be "nice guys," feel entitled. Yes, it is definitely good to be nice to people, but going out of your way to do something kind for someone doesn't exactly warrant romantic feelings. Blaming rejection on being a "nice guy," makes this seem even more problematic in the long run.

I have been in situations like this before and I wish that "nice guys," knew that me liking them romantically has nothing to do with how nice they are to me. It's simply because I don't have the same feelings for them as they do for me.

I wish this were enough of a reason for guys to move on, instead of making me feel bad for not feeling a certain way. After all, my romantic feelings aren't exactly always in my control.