NFL Fantasy Football Sunday: As Told by Spongebob GIFs

We all know that rollercoaster of emotions.

255
Google

NFL Sunday Football. What a wonderful time of the year when we can wake up at noon on a Sunday, roll out of bed an hour later, and sit for the rest of the day watching some great (or terrible) football games. Pizza, wings, beer(s), and nothing but relaxation. Well, unless you partake in fantasy football. I think everyone who has ever participated in a fantasy football league understands the stress that comes on Sunday when you realize how close of a game it is going to be, and for those of you who have never experienced this rollercoaster of emotions, here is an NFL Sunday as shown through Spongebob gifs.

Getting Out of Bed at 1:00 P.M.

This feeling is one of the greatest feelings I, and we, experience weekly. The pure joy of knowing you get to sit, eat, drink, and be entertained for the next 10 hours is almost unbeatable.

The First Game Kicks Off.

You're settled into your usual spot on the couch/chair/floor/inflatable pool, and you see the pigskin fly through the air as the first game officially begins. You have a couple players on the (hopefully) better team, and you're ready to score some fantasy points. You casually take your first bite of pizza, although you still have yet to brush your teeth, and the biggest smile spreads across your face.

Halftime.

This is the first time you check your fantasy score. You've been putting off this thought because you have seen Eric Decker drop 12 passes. You know you're probably losing, and it is slowly eating away at you. However, you don't want the pizza taste to sour because of your mood, but you know the checking of the score is inevitable. You're anxious for the rest of the day.

The 1:05 Games End.

Eric Decker ended up scoring a touchdown and catching 80+ yards in the second half. You're back in the lead in your game and you're ready to enjoy the rest of the football games. You crack open another beer, grab a couple more slices of pizza, and settle back in.

Halftime for the 4:35 Games.

You're seriously pulling ahead in your fantasy league. Your weapons are firing and your team is running smoothly at a very high level. You're a little buzzed, maybe, and you start to show it. Your roommate is taking a hard L and has trash players left to play tonight and on Monday. You think it is safe to taunt a little and you begin to trash talk his entire life. You also finally brush your teeth.

That Awkward Waiting Time Between the End of the 4:35 Game and Sunday Night Football.

This is honestly the worst part of Sunday and all you can do is eat/think of the homework you've been putting off all weekend. That really eats at you for a little, but you eventually find a distraction in the pizza and maybe even toss a little football around in the apartment. Anything to pass the time, really.

You Ordered More Pizza for the Night Game but Can't Find the Funds

A truly terrifying feeling. You've ordered the pizza, it's on the way, and you need to scrounge up the cash to pay for the pizza AND tip the delivery guy. You finally scrounge up just enough, but now you're absolutely broke for the rest of the week. Oh well, its college.

Your Fantasy Game is Now Tied.

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?! You were in command, all your players dominated, and you had a commanding 30 point lead. Your opponent has only Colby Fleener left to play, but the gap has been closed by Devonta Freeman, and Dan Bailey to 8 points. Surely Fleener will play terribly, right? The pizza and beer no longer matter. All you need is your pride, the pride of winning, and the promise of probably not coming in last this year in your league.

You Lose in Fantasy.

COLBY FLEENER SCORED 16 POINTS!!!!!!!!!!! Dear God how does this happen. Fleener is never going to score this many points again in his entire life, but somehow just pulled a game and a half out of his ass solely to beat you! You are crushed, and you wallow in self pity. You find comfort in the fact that you've done absolutely nothing all day, but then you remember your homework. You sadly sulk to your room and work in silence.

You Go to Bed.

As you lay in bed, wallowing in tears and the sadness of having lost another week of fantasy to a trash team because of a trash receiver, you are sad. Yes you are sad. This day had so much promise, but it was all taken away in an instant. However, you remain optimistic. You're only 0-3 after all. There are plenty of weeks left in the football season and you are more than prepared for next week when you drink, eat, and relax once again. As you fall asleep having had a successful day of relaxation, laziness, and roommate bonding, you smile, and feel content in the world. It is time for another week of grueling school work, which must be dealt with before another weekend. You say a prayer, and wish yourself luck on your exam tomorrow, which you just finished cramming for. Goodnight, and farewell.