Misunderstanding Between A Boyfriend And His Girlfriend

Misunderstanding Between the Frustrated Boyfriend And His Confused Girlfriend

Craig is unsure about some of the physical qualities of his girlfriend

Shane Kell on Pexels
285

Amy: It's so weird, whenever we're with Brad and Nick they completely ignore me. It's like they can't even see me!

Craig: I didn't notice anything. Brad was at the very least fixated on his casserole at dinner, and Nick just started Whole30, so...

Amy: Really? Brad and Nick had a very lively conversation with each other and you, without once acknowledging me. That didn't occur to you?

Craig: Um.

Amy: Your friends don't like me, do they? They hate me!

Craig: They absolutely do not hate you.

Amy: I find it very har–

Craig: You're a living ghost.

Amy: Okay? Is this your way of trying to hurt me? I'm aware that I have a pale complexion.

Craig: Do you think this is easy for me? There are a lot of things that you can't do as a couple when your girlfriend is physically intangible.

Amy: I'm so sorry that we couldn't tour the state park for the third weekend in a row Craig. I get a tiny bit tired of getting blisters on my back so that you can experience real dogwood.

Craig: I'm not going to defend my enthusiasm for agroforestry. I don't want to do that, and I don't need to do that for anyone. This isn't a joke, you are actually a ghost.

Amy: Craig, you are being horrible right now.

Craig: Where did we meet Amy?

Amy: I mean, a graveyard. But–

Craig: And do you remember anything before us meeting?

Amy: No, but you told me that it was because I'm probably blacking out something really traumatic.

Craig: Literally your death.

Amy: Don't say that!

Craig: How do you know you're not a ghost?

Amy: If I'm a ghost then how the hell are we able to touch each other?

Craig: Don't you think I would like to know that? You're probably a physical manifestation of an unclean spirit or something that only I have access to.

Amy: Well...Do Brad and Nick know that you have a ghost girlfriend?

Craig: To be honest it has yet to come up.

Amy: We've been seeing each other for eight months and you haven't brought me up. This is great to hear, Craig.

Craig: What do you want from me? I'm not even sure that I'm entirely sane for being able to see you, you might not even exist! I don't need my friends getting on my back for dating a ghost.

Amy: Hold on, we've been to couples therapy, how could I possibly be a ghost if we were both talking to Dr. Stephens?

Craig: Er… That was a pretty amazing day, I kind of thought that he was just talking to himself the whole time, but then he did answer your question about extended cuddle time.

Amy: Aha!

Craig: Still not fully there yet. I didn't want to bring this up, but you've left those trails of ectoplasm in the office on separate occasions.

Amy: Thank you so much for bringing up my ileostomybag, Craig, I–

Brad: Phew! So glad I caught you guys before you left. Amy is this your earring? I found it on the ground near the table.

Amy: Y-you know who I am?

Craig: Huh.

Amy: Craig!

Craig: I'm sorry about your ileostomy bag, okay?

Amy: Jesus! Brad, has Craig actually never once brought me up?

Brad: No.

Amy: And you can see me?

Brad: I…I'm sorry I'm confused by the question, you're asking me if I can see you?

Amy: Craig has thought throughout the duration of our time dating that I'm a ghost!

Brad: Well, how do you know that you're not a ghost?

Craig: Right?

Amy: It seems a little unfair that the presumption is that I am a ghost.

Craig: Maybe you should think about that next time you data a mortician.

Amy: I think that we're done here.