Let's Actually Make America Great Again

Let's Actually Make America Great Again

It's time to use Donald Trump's tagline properly.

13
Let's Actually Make America Great Again
The Huffington Post

Warning: This article contains explicit language but parental advisory is not advised.

You guys that know me know that I have a lot of very loud opinions about almost everything. And over the past year, I’ve sat back and watched these events unfold in our once great nation in silence because I kept thinking things like, “There is no way my friends could be this fucking stupid.” Or something along those lines. But here we go. I can no longer be silent while this constant fuckery reigns.

Also, if anyone of you wants to debate me on anything I post, don’t. I’m not trying to get into a flame war on Facebook like I’m 13 on Reddit.

Trump supporters fucking sicken me. There, I’ve said it. Every tragedy, every event that has happened in this country or around the world, has been turned into an excuse to post some sort of bullshit political ideologies on Facebook. How can you look at 50 people being ruthlessly gunned down in a nightclub and feel like this is the time to talk about border control? How can you look at Trump saying that a federal judge of Mexican heritage is unfit to try his case because he’s “proud to be a Mexican?" Because--spoiler alert--I bet that judge in the Brock Turner case was proud to be a Stanford athlete. How can you look at a law like HB2 and see it as anything other than discrimination? If you’re worried about the safety of our public bathrooms, maybe you shouldn’t be trying to check out other peoples’ junk, which has been known to spark controversy. Donald Trump is a bigoted asshole, so consumed with the idea of having a level of power to finally match his outrageous ego. And you’re all so terrified of a world without him that I can’t stomach it anymore.

“Our story begins, as these stories often do, with a young up-and-coming politician. He’s a deeply religious man and a member of the conservative party. He is completely single-minded convictions and has no regard for the political process.”

Does that sound familiar to you? That line, from V for Vendetta, is spoken by V in regards to one Adam Sutler. Or, was it spoken by someone 20 years from now in regards to Trump? It’s hard to tell sometimes. Here’s the true problem with Donald Trump, the reason that I’m so disgusted with you and everything that you stand for. Voting for Trump is giving in to fear, not fighting it.

Voting for Trump is like saying that we have run out of options to deal with our nation’s problems--that our nation’s problems can only be solved by hatred, violence and ignorance. Voting for Trump is the political equivalent of sticking a .45 in your mouth and being done with it. My favorite part about this is that you’re voting for Trump because you think you’re tough by doing it, that this nation has bred a generation of pussies and political correctness and you’re “man enough” to see through the bullshit. Well, guess what? Being a grown person--man, woman or otherwise--means being able to admit that you’re scared, being able to admit that you’re wrong. And you should just admit it to yourself now because the rest of us already know.

You’re going to argue with this, of course. You’re going to say the political process doesn’t work, that we need change in Washington. You’re going to say that we’ve become a soft nation, a generation full of hippies and feminists who want to make you ashamed of being a white American. And you’re not entirely wrong. Yeah, Congress does suck. We need to make changes there. How about you start by voting in your mid-term elections? New blood in Congress makes everything easier. And yeah, sometimes people who support the left come off a little strong and heavy-handed when describing horrors perpetrated by a predominantly white patriarchy who’s practically always had some sort of governmental power. Maybe engage that person in a rational, logical conversation, instead of trying to jam the fact that you’re proud to be a white male down their fucking throats.

Winston Churchill once said that "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself." This is what fear itself does to people. It makes us do crazy things, look and then turn to crazy solutions. You’re willing to turn to a multi-billionaire because you think that somehow, he’s more like you than every other politician you’ve ever seen. You think that because he makes fun of disabled people, because he makes racist “jokes” and he insults his opponents, he’s somehow more accessible. Here’s the truth. Donald Trump is nothing like you. He’s never lived a day even close to yours in your life. In fact, he’s the opposite of you. Everything in his life was handed to him. His "small loan" from his father was $1,000,000. I put all the zeroes in so you could see how outlandish that is. A small loan from your dad in real life is like, I don’t know, $150 dollars to help you buy that next-gen console. He’s so much unlike you, cares nothing for you, and you still think he’s the choice.

His tagline is a joke, but I’m going to use it. I want to make America great again. We all want nothing more than to make this country what it should be, a place where everyone is free, including people of Hispanic and Islamic heritage. A place where everyone is equal, not just upper-class white men. The American Dream is about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and I only see one of those things happening under Donald Trump. Instead of hating all the time, instead of being afraid all the time, talk to people. Have rational, logical conversations. Become an informed citizenry, instead of a mob waving pitchforks and torches at the monster that is fear. Our country has been through a lot in just my lifetime, but America has always made it through because we stuck together and fought. We didn’t always choose the right enemy, but this time, we have to. Fight against fear, vote against Donald Trump and help me make America great again.

P.S. If Donald Trump becomes president, I’ll probably be arrested for this. So fuck him.