2020 election

9 Candidates Running In The 2020 Presidential Election

The political state of the U.S. can't get any worse than how it is now, or can it?

251

Despite just getting done with the 2018 midterms, the candidates who will be running in 2020 are already coming into the spotlight.

1. Elizabeth Warren

As a senator from Massachusetts, Warren is a Democrat and is very progressive. Some of her goals as president would be to fix the flaws in our capitalistic society and place heavier taxes on those with much wealth. If elected, she would be the first female president.

2. Kamala Harris

Like Elizabeth Warren, Kamala is both a senator and Democrat. She has said she wants Medicare for all, and to give a tax cut to the middle class. If elected, she would be the first black, female president.

3. Andrew Yang

As a Democrat who served under the Obama administration, Yang wants a policy to be passed that allows for a minimum income of $1,000 every month, for everyone over the age of 18.

4. Pete Buttigieg

Buttigieg, a Democratic who is a mayor in Indiana, has much experience with redevelopment and infrastructure projects. If elected, he would be the first LGBTQ president.

5. Tulsi Gabbard

A Democratic representative from Hawaii, who wanted to pass a Constitutional amendment to protect and ensure "traditional marriage" now says she understands LGBTQ rights. If elected, she would be the first Hindu president.

6. Kirsten Gillibrand

A Democratic senator from New York, Gillibrand has focused much time attempting to lessen sexual assault in the military. She was more of a centrist democrat at the beginning of her career but is becoming more progressive. If elected, she would be the first woman president.

7. Julian Castro

Castro, a Democrat, worked for Obama's cabinet and was the youngest member in it. Having immigrant grandparents, Castro believes the immigration policies need to be "reconstituted" yet opposes the Wall. He has a twin who also serves in Congress.

8. John Delaney

A democratic representative of Maryland, Delaney has been running since July 2017. He wants to embrace immigration and keep the U.S. globally competitive.

9. Donald Trump

The only Republican candidate to officially declare that they're running in 2020 is Trump, who wants to take up a second term.

There aren't many candidates yet, but from who there is so far, many demographics are represented. So, I have faith in the 2020 election cycle.