10 Reasons Why I Love Sports

A Tale of Passion: 10 Reasons Why I Love Sports

"Sports do not build character; they reveal it." - Heywood Broun

10143
Football, soccer ball, baseball, basketball and lacrosse ball lie on a field
feel grafix

Sports have always held a special place in my heart, dating back to my early years, and my deep-rooted passion for them can be attributed to the strong influence of my family. From my aunt's unwavering devotion to football, and my uncle's coaching prowess in basketball, to my mom's unflagging support by accompanying me to countless sporting events, these familial experiences have instilled in me a profound admiration and genuine appreciation for the world of sports. In the following article, I'll delve into the top 10 reasons that encapsulate why my love for sports runs so deep.

Discover the deep-seated passion for sports that drives me, as I unveil my top 10 heartfelt reasons for embracing the world of athletics.

Rivalries

RivalriesR- Rivalry247sports.com

From North Carolina vs. Duke to Redskins vs. Cowboys to Red Sox vs. Yankees, rivalries take place in the sports world, making them remarkable to watch. Rivalries are unique to watching sports because individuals are guaranteed those specific match-ups each year, causing sports fans to look forward to viewing the games.

Teamwork

Teamworkbasketball team standing on courtsidePhoto by Kenny Eliason on Unsplash

Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, and Chris Bosh to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, the list goes on and on. From assist to alley-oops, it all comes down to teamwork and helping each other win games. Teamwork is a significant factor in sports and I love seeing players come together with respect for one other to display each athlete’s skills and talents.

Player’s Shine

Player\u2019s Shinegrayscale basketball playersPhoto by Max Winkler on Unsplash

From Odell Bechham Jr.’s one handed catch to Stephen Curry’s three-point shooting, players always have that one game or moment that makes them stand out. All it takes is less than a minute to make an amazing play and in a blink of an eye a player’s career changes and their skills become well known.

The Rookies

The Rookiesa man standing in front of a boxing ringPhoto by Metin Ozer on Unsplash

The first time being on a professional team can be nerve-racking, but it can likewise be an astonishing opportunity to show the world the rookie’s skills and talents they have gained through college. Making a first impression is exceptionally important and can determine how the organization and the world portrays the player.

Making History

Making Historybooks in glass bookcasePhoto by Clarisse Meyer on Unsplash

What athletic doesn’t want to make history for their team? It’s an accomplishment that makes them feel like they can achieve any goal they put their mind to. Many teams have made history and it seems that each year a team does exactly that.

Emotion and Passion

Emotion and Passionwoman in blue long sleeve shirt and blue denim jeans jumping on the airPhoto by Christian Newlands on Unsplash

Seeing players like Richard Sherman, Peyton Manning and Allen Iverson play with heart each time they step out on the field or court, shows they are passionate about what they do and they express their emotions on and off the field. Observing these players emotion and passion for the game, causes me to admire sports even more.

Entertainmenta large empty stadium filled with green seatsPhoto by Markus Spiske on Unsplash

From close games to buzzer beater wins, sports is pure entertainment and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Not only is the game entertaining, but the players come at a close second. To touchdown dances to 3-point celebrations, sports can be serious and entertaining all at the same time.

The Competitiveness

The Competitivenessgrayscale photo of people during marathonPhoto by Braden Collum on Unsplash

What is sports without a little competition? Even though the competitiveness of sports can bring out the best and worst of players, it brings the tension in the way athletes play and it goes back to their emotion and passion of the players to win the game.

Family Bonding

Football2. Quality Soccerhttps://www.tumblr.com/search/cristiano%20ronaldo%20skills

From Sunday and Thursday Night football to holiday games to “take me out to the ball game” sports is a way to connect with family and have a great time together. Sports is not only just for family bonding, but it’s also a way to bond with friends and enjoy each other’s company.

Conservation Starters

Conservation Starterswoman in red Nike tank top sitting beside woman in red tank topPhoto by Andrea Tummons on Unsplash

If you have run into that awkward silence phase and all else fails, sports is always the main go to for conversations starters. It’s as simple as “Did you watch that game last night?” or “who do you think will win the Super Bowl or Championship?” Sports have become nationwide that everyone from children to adults love to talk and discuss sports.