Why I Love Football: 10 Reasons

Why I Love Football

Why Is Football A Sport That Is So Celebrated Across The Nation?

5701
College quarterback drops back to make pass as football season begins
https://pixabay.com/en/quarterback-american-football-sport-67701/

It is the time of year when the athletic event of football tends to exhilarate fans across the Nation. Why is football a sport that is so celebrated across the Nation? Many times I have asked myself why I even love the game of football so much, especially being a female, but I came up with a few of the many reasons why football fans love the game. though this may not be everyone's reasons for loving the game, here are some reasons that I love football.

1. Connection my dad and I will always have

I will always be a big fan of football because besides Jesus, it is something that will always connect my dad and I. He is the one that shared his love for football with me at an early age. In all honesty, he has probably taught me all I know about the game. No matter how old I get, I know that my dad and I will always be able to talk about football (and sports in general).

2. Always learn something new

I feel as though every time I watch the game of football I learn something new. I love being able to constantly be learning more about a game I find so entertaining.

football playbooken.wikipedia.org

3. Never a dull moment

The game of football is far from boring or dull. There always seems to be some big play, call, pass, interception, run, etc. that will keep you on your toes throughout the game and wondering what is going to happen next.

4. Brings people together

I love seeing people come together to cheer for their team. Although I am biased and believe Husker Nation has the greatest fans, I love being able to see fans all across the Nation come together to support some of the same teams.

Nebraska Cornhuskers fans cheer touchdowncommons.wikimedia.org

5. Food

Lets be honest, the food during tailgates and football watch parties are some of the greatest. If you’re anything like me, “tailgating food” is some food I could probably eat almost any day of my life.

6. Rivalries

Rivalry games and the hype that comes from those games are some of the greatest experiences.

Michigan vs. Notre Dame rivalry match-upcommons.wikimedia.org

7. Always something to watch on the weekends

Most Saturdays and Sundays are spent watching football, which makes the weekends some of the best days during the week (along with those games on Thursdays and Mondays).

8. Friends

Football games are where my friends and I have some of the greatest memories. Whether watching our friends, family, or significant other compete, nothing beats attending those football games with some of your best friends.

friends having a good time, laughing and high fiving Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash

9. Family Traditions

I love that football has been the center of many of my family traditions. Nothing beats our family tailgates, attending a football game together as a family after Thanksgiving, and some family competition during a yard game of football on Thanksgiving afternoon.

10. America

Thanks to America we have this wonderful game to watch, play, and respect.

Texas Longhorn football player runs with American flagcommons.wikimedia.org