Living Life One Day At A Time

Living Life One Day At A Time

And one mistake at time...
13

The pressures young students put on themselves to be "perfect" is insane and it needs to stop. Student work so hard so they can get the perfect grades to get into the perfect college to have the perfect job, but then what? Then they're suddenly happy? When they're wasting their time attempting to reach things that are unachievable they are allowing life to pass them by. Students put this tremendous pressure on themselves instead of just living one day at a time. Everyone has in their mind what college they have to go to, and are setting such high expectations for themselves. This leads to stress and a guarantee that at some point you will be disappointed. Obviously I believe that grades are important. I am not discouraging the idea that studying hard will lead to success. I just think there comes a point where there are more important things to life that worrying about grades.Therefore, I have generated a short list that depicts a few things that are more worthwhile than getting straight A+'s.

1. Spending a whole night binge watching your favorite Netflix show

2. Going out to dinner with family, despite the test you have the next day

3.Catching up with an old friend you have not talked to in a while

4. Spending the whole day in pajamas and cuddling with your pet

These are just 4 things that I believe are more fulfilling than being "perfect" in school. However, I will be the first to admit. I am not completely innocent when it comes to not worrying about school and grades. But I believe it is important to take a look at your life and remember that failing a test will not make or break your life. You are human. Mistakes are okay. Live life, as you are meant to, one breath at a time.