It's OK To Be Single
relationships

It's OK To Be Single

Say it louder for the people in the back!

87
https://pixabay.com/en/heart-love-sunset-shape-sign-3147976/

Many women feel as though they cannot survive without their S.O. I don't understand why this is the case. As a female, we should feel strong and empowered.

We should not need to be in a relationship in order to have a feeling of survival. It's degrading, distracting, and downright dependent. For those of you who are in relationships, please don't take this the wrong way. Most of my friends are in relationships and I love that. I could not be happier for them.

Most of the time, people are in relationships for one of two reasons. Either they are in a relationship because they truly love their S.O. and cannot imagine life without them. Or they are in a relationship because that's what they are used to.

In other words, they don't know how to live the "single life".

As for me, I've been single for most of my life, not including the one or two more "serious" relationships from my past. As much as I would love to find my other half, I know that when the time is right, they will come. I am very patiently awaiting that moment.

I may not know a whole lot about love at this point, but what I do know is that I do not want to settle. I want to be in a relationship with someone because I truly love that person and everything about them. I don't want my relationship to be solely based off of looks or the fact that I feel lonely. That is not what a relationship should be based on.

The single life is not all that horrible. In a sense, it gives me freedom. It gives me the ability to do whatever I want, go wherever I want, and hang out with whoever I want. It gives me a deeper level of appreciation for the life I have.

When I do meet my other half, I will be able to appreciate them as well.

I guess what I am saying here is that it is one hundred percent OK to be single. Don't get into a relationship for any other reason except for the fact that you truly love the person you are with. If you get into a relationship just for the sake of being in one, you'll eventually realize that no matter how much of an act you put on, you're not happy.

In the meantime, focus on you until you find the person who will put his or her focus on you, and only you, as well.