Greensboro's 'InstaWorthy' Spots

Greensboro's 'InstaWorthy' Spots

This city is full, living and breathing, and it's time you captured it.

459
Greensboro's 'InstaWorthy' Spots
Kayla Roberts

Being in college, I post pictures all the time. I am guilty of going out for dinner or shopping and having to post a selfie. I walk to class and all I see is people scrolling their fingers across a glass screen. Instagram is one of the top leading social media brands trending with more than 300 million active users worldwide. Facebook recently conducted a survey proving that 73 percent of Instagrammers are between 15 and 35 years old. Social media has become the first impression for millennials and wouldn't you love for yours to be appealing? For any of my fellow Spartans or if you just live near Greensboro, I went on a journey to find the top ten “insta worthy” spots for photos within the city. I have to say, you may be shocked at the simplicity of the results.

1. Corner of S. Elm and E. Washington St. downtown.

This tight squeeze of a road is barely full of traffic and has been painted with a lovely pattern of colored bricks, perfectly paired with a cream colored building. These little hexagons are quite photogenic and add a touch of color to your profile.

2. Norfolk Southern Railroad Company.

Not to be basic, but railroads really do serve as good backdrops for photos. I'm not saying take a suitcase, wear a flower crown and have a senior session, but use the tracks for emphasis and take advantage of leading lines. The old railroad crossings downtown near Natty Greene's Brewing Company are in between old brick and cement buildings showcasing a vintage feel, but use caution because some of these tracks are still in use!

3. Greensboro Arboretum.

North Carolina's Tourism Association described it, "the natural beauty of this area is inviting, and the collections provide year-round appeal." It is a hotspot for studying college students to dog walkers, or just anyone who is trying to relax and unwind. There are tons of vine covered walls, fences, fountains and abstract art serving as great focal points for photography or giving Instagram lovers to perfect opportunity to add some natural beauty to their page.

4. The University of North Carolina at Greensboro.

5. The Table on Elm.

The alleyway between The Table and other small shops is a very comfy setting offering a sense of home with plants, windows, lantern lights and brick. Depending on the time of day, there could be some shadows but use it to your advantage. For example, on the first picture of the sign. I took that wanting a dramatic feel and the shadows gave me just that.

6. Corner of E. February One Pl. downtown.

Spotted: mint green door. Whether you're looking for an awesome pop of color or that urban essence in your photos, the door is my personal favorite acting as the trigger in a captivating post for your followers.

7. Hopscotch sidewalk downtown.

This is a more laid back, playful idea for a photo. After spending a day of thrift shopping or beer drinking walk a couple blocks down from Natty Greene's and play some hopscotch. No chalk needed; it's painted on the sidewalk!

8. Waterfall Alley beside Crafted: The Art of Taco restaurant.

This is truly a piece of art. Not to mention, you can grab some awesome tacos at the joint next door. The fencing, the building colors, the layout of the stream itself is outstanding work and is something you just feel like you have to photograph. This setting, by itself, represents the city as a whole.

It was impossible for me to cover all the ground that I wish this article could've discussed, but go out and find some secret spots yourself! Downtown Greensboro and the outskirts of the city is absolutely stunning and makes me proud to call it my home. Gain more followers, showcase your beauty, along with the 'Boro and slay away on social media!

Special thanks to my lil' red headed model friend, Amanda Conley!

Xoxo and happy instagramming,