My mental health has become very important to me over the past couple of years. After my freshman year of college, I was diagnosed with having mild anxiety. I know anxiety is something that many people struggle with. Some have very mild cases while others have very severe cases. Everyone has different ways of reducing their anxiety, but I wanted to share a few ways of how I try to reduce my anxiety throughout the day.
Meditation is one of my favorite things to do whenever I feel like my head is full of noise. Headspace is my favorite app to use for meditation. The reason why I really love this app is that it gives you different topics to choose from. You can choose the topic based on how your day is going or what your goal for your meditation today is. You can also pick different time settings for the meditation. If you only have 5 minutes at the moment, you can set it for that or you can do a longer meditation session if you want. This is something that always helps me to just take a pause from my day and focus on the good in life.
2. Being outside
Almost 9 out of 10 times the outdoors will always make me feel better. Whether that is going for a run or just walking around the neighborhood, this just helps me get some fresh air and allows me to be away from my phone, computer, tv, etc. Nature helps me focus on the earth and gives me some perspective on how small my problems typically are.
3. A weighted blanket
Let me tell ya, I just got a weighted blanket for my birthday, and I am in love with this thing. It really helps calm my anxiety and stressful situations. I love using it when I'm just at home trying to relax or read a book. Totally worth getting one if you are at home a little bit of the day.
4. Eating healthy
As much as I love chicken nuggets and ice cream, it is also important to eat healthy meals in order to help feel better. If you don't feel well physically, then you probably won't feel well mentally either. A salad with grilled chicken or a banana smoothie are a few small meals that I really love. It's important to drink plenty of water as well. Eating well and staying hydrated are both important for your overall well-being.
It is so important to take the time out of your day to make sure you are healthy, whether that is mentally or physically. These are just a few ways that I try to stay healthy throughout the day.
- 10 Tips To Help Improve Your Mental Health ›
- 10 Activities That Will Improve Your Mental Health ›
- 11 Tips To Improve Your Mental Health ›
- 5 Ways You Can Improve Your Mental Health This Summer ›
- 5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Everyday Life ›
- How To Improve Mental Health Daily ›
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Mindset When You Are Feeling Down ›
- 10 Simple Ways To Improve Your Mental Health ›
- 30 Ways To Improve Your Mental Health ›
- How To Improve Your Mental Health, Based on Your Zodiac ›
- 10 Quick and Easy Ways to Improve Your Mental Health ›
- 11 Small but Important Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health ... ›
- How to Improve Your Mental Health: 9 Keys to Your Well-Being ›
- 9 DIY Ways to Improve Your Mental Health ›
- The 7 (Proven) Keys to Improving Your Mental Health - Melli O'Brien ›
- How to look after your mental health | Mental Health Foundation ›
- Building Better Mental Health - HelpGuide.org ›
- Ten Things You Can Do for Your Mental Health | University Health ... ›
- 9 Ways You Can Improve Your Mental Health Today | Psychology ... ›
- 31 Tips to Boost Your Mental Health | Mental Health America ›