Why Self-Love Is So Important For A Healthy Lifestyle
Mental Health

Self-Love And Self-Growth Really Are The Shit

Seriously, do it for yourself.

105
Patricia Vicente

It sounds cheesy, but self-love and self-growth really are the shit.

There is nothing more lovely and rewarding than loving yourself and genuinely loving your life.

Like everyone, I have had my share of bad days and have had many lows throughout my life, but in recent weeks I have definitely found myself struggling with life more than ever.

Sometimes it only takes a self-care day or a trip back home to make you feel better. Other times, it can be something as hard as letting all of your feelings out to someone you're close with and maybe even cutting people out of your life.

No matter what it is, it's okay to do it because it will mean a better you on a better path than before.

Personally, I'm really cheesy. And I'm talking about the kind of cheesy that chose to leave home to go look for her happiness in a completely different state, but hey, I'm doing pretty good so far.

I have an amazing support group of friends and family that are always rooting for me, which is the best kind of people you can ever surround yourself with because not only will they be there to celebrate all of your accomplishments, but will also be there to support you through the tough times.

I'm also proud of everything I am involved in and take pleasure in the work that I do. My advice for that is to be a part of things that bring you happiness and fill you with joy when you do work for it. Go be a part of the organization and apply to that interview. No one wants to be around someone that is always negative and hates what they do, that's just not the way to go in your personal and professional life.

But I think the most important thing I have done is that I've stopped putting up with people's shit. I have learned to know when enough is enough and when it is time to move on from a situation that won't help me grow as an individual.

While some of this stuff might seem simple and straight-forward, it is the little things that count and that can help you grow into the individual you deserve to be for yourself.