Self Care Is Important, And Here's Why You Need To Implement It In Your Life

Loving yourself is the best thing you can do for yourself.

69

So I really didn't understand this "self-care" thing until I really needed it. After a whole summer of being a camp counselor, where you are taught to put others before yourself, I had felt exhausted.
I did have the best time over the summer but it did cause me to start to always feel like I was tired. So I took some time for myself, and this time was so critical.

By just being able to sit and read or play guitar or do whatever I wanted to do with my time I felt free. This was the gateway to self-care for me.

Just taking time out of the week to sit and allow myself to do what makes me happy in turn made me a happier person. I was separating myself from the crazy every day and taking time to just relax.
Self-care I believe looks different for everyone. Not everyone finds it relaxing or fun to sit by themselves and play guitar, so find what revives your spirit.

For some of my friends that's a nap, for others it's a nice day with friends, and for some people, it's something like a movie. It is so important that you find what that thing is that helps you get back your strength.
Self-care also is not selfish. That is what I use to believe until I looked at self-care as putting yourself first when you need it. Self-care is a step on the way to self-love which is the best gift anyone can give themselves.

So whether your idea of self-care is a face mask and a rom-com or it is a walk with your dog, just go out and do it! Make sure you take care of your mind, body, spirit, and soul.