10 Simple, Important Ways To Practice Self-Care

It's important to take time for yourself.

281

As I have gotten older, I have realized that self-care is very important. It's important to have time for yourself. Whether it's to relax, de-stress or reflect on your day or week for that matter. It's important to have time set out to be alone with your thoughts and to sort through things big or small. Even if it doesn't help you as much as you like, you will leave feeling pampered and refreshed. There are small ways you can practice self-care and there are big ways all listed below.

1. Meditate

meditate

Meditating has been proven to help with many things. The best is clearing your mind and being totally relaxed. I highly recommend downloading some meditating apps.

2. Journal

journaling

Journaling is something I have recently started doing and it has been extremely helpful. Whether it's bullet journaling or just sitting down and writing my thoughts/feelings. It feels great to put your demons in a physical place and to walk away from them.

3. Shopping trips

shopping

Every girl on earth loves a good shopping trip with her girlfriends.

4. Getting a massage

massage

One of my personal favorites. It's amazing to have 60 to 90 minutes of just you and your thoughts will the tension is leaving your body.

5. Getting a facial

kitty facial

I think this is one of the most relaxing things ever. Plus, who doesn't want better glowing skin?

6. Taking a nap

a nap

One of the easiest ways to practice self-care. Just crawl into your comfy bed and shut out the world.

7. Drink lots of water

drink water

Drinking water does only good things for you. It helps so much with your skin, sleep and just overall health.

8. Having a pool day

laying in pool

There's nothing better than laying by the pool all day and doing absolutely nothing. You get to soak up some vitamin D, maybe take a nap and just relax.

9. Treating yourself

food

Whether it's Starbucks, that donut you've been craving or those carbs you know you shouldn't eat. It's okay to treat yourself every now and then so your achievements or just for a bad day.

10. Getting your nails done

nails done

Another luxury, but you feel so great afterwards.