Self-love
Self Love

Self-Love is More Important Than You Think

Self-love is the source of all our other loves.

62
Photo by Wang Xi on Unsplash

Self-love: Regard for one's own well-being and happiness.

Anyone that knows me personally will know I struggle with self-love to the point of doing self-love challenges once a year. This year I'm beginning that challenge with a new appreciation for self-love and everything it entails.

This challenge focuses on gratitude, affirmations, meditation, laughter, Vitamin D, positivity, and happiness. The last challenge I did focused on affirmations and meditation. Having the extra things to focus on makes it more of a challenge but the creator of the challenge, Rachel Strever, is such a light, making it easier than anticipated.

I always encourage others to join me in these challenges because it makes it easier to accomplish when you have a support system. I have never experienced a bad self-love challenge, but I have learned a lot about myself from these challenges. If you are struggling with loving yourself, join me in this challenge.

Loving yourself more than you did before is something you should share with someone. I plan on writing about the changes I experienced during these thirty days, the things I wrote about during exercises and how I feel at the end of the thirty days.

Today, the before day one officially begins, I am feeling hopeful. I am trusting the challenge and putting my trust in myself.

I am no longer afraid of the exercises that I will do because I know that I will learn about myself and what causes me to feel down. I have hope and faith that this will help me begin the semester on the right foot rather than the wrong foot. I am allowing myself to be free of the self-doubt and remind myself that I am worthy of love.

Self-love is something I am grateful for. I am grateful for the lessons I learn and the ability to become a better version of myself. I am also grateful to have a platform to share this experience on. I am grateful for everyone who reads what I have to say and sharing my voice. If you are struggling with self-love, join me in this 30-day self-love challenge. I will support you in your journey as much as I can. No one should go through this alone.