I'm Not 'Girlfriend Material' And I Don't Care
relationships

No, I'm Not 'Girlfriend Material,' And That's Not Necessarily A Bad Thing

You probably shouldn't ask me out.

66

It's not you, it's me.

Are you the person that just feels like dating will never go your way? Yeah, me too. Over the last couple of months, I have taken into consideration as to why my previous relationships have failed and there is always one common denominator: Me.

But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Here are a few reasons as to why I believe I'm not girlfriend material:

I'm not emotional.

Sure, I will cry over "The Notebook," but I won't cry over you.

If you are looking for the girl that says she loves you every five minutes, it's not me. I don't send long texts, I won't excessively post you on my social media and I honestly don't care if you do the same. I have grown to realize that if somebody truly wants you, it doesn't need to be exaggerated.

I don't like to be touched.

Him: *wants to hold hands*

Me: Yikes.

I probably like sports more than I like you.

Maybe it's because sports don't really have the option to break up with me? You'll find out pretty soon that I am extremely and probably too invested in my favorite sporting teams, so unless you love sports, you probably won't love me.

School/Work is more important.

Sorry, but the end goal is to be successful. In order to excel, I have to focus on myself! You'll find that I would rather get some hours on the clock than go out on a date. Being in college is HARD and that means I stay busy!

Dating apps are a no-go, so we probably won't meet.

The latest trend is joining apps like Bumble and of course Tinder, but you won't find my profile to swipe right (or left).

So the point here is: Stay away.