If You Love Someone, Tell Them

If You Love Someone, Tell Them, Because Life Is Too Short To Take Your Time

The time is now.

5404

The tragic death of Lakers legend Kobe Bryant hit America, and the world, like a baseball bat to the face earlier this week as the news broke of his helicopter crashing resulting in the death of nine people, including Bryant's 13-year-old daughter, Gianna.

The whole world instantly started mourning the loss, and all at once it was very shockingly apparent just how short and unpredictable this life is.

It instantly made me realize how, at any given moment, everything can change or be taken away from us. When you realize that, it suddenly becomes very apparent to you that this life is not for certain. Tomorrow could never come, and as cliche as it sounds, you really should live life as if every day could be your last because one day you will be right.

There is a certain sense of urgency that comes with this thought. When it all boils down to it, it's only about who you love and how deeply you love them.

At the end of the day, without love we are nothing. If you love someone, make sure they know it because we truly never know what the future holds.

The way everyone came together to comfort each other and show their support for the families of those involved in this tragedy was nothing short of incredible. At that moment, no one cared who you voted for, what your Instagram looked like, or how much money was in your bank account.

Everyone was just overwhelmed with the desire to love and be loved and to make sure the ones on their minds knew they were as well. At that moment, the world was reminded that, if you love someone, you should let them know.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of everyone involved.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.