If You Really Love Someone, Let Them Go

If You Really Love Someone, Let Them Go

For the girls who need that little push.

10773
If You Really Love Someone, Let Them Go

Love is complicated. It's the most overused statement in the universe but stands true no matter what. There are so many factors that go into falling in love and maintaining a healthy, stable relationship. Unfortunately, sometimes love isn't enough. Life has different paths for everyone, and you may need to let go of people you love to make room for new growth.

Sometimes it's the worst decision, but sometimes it's the best. It'll hurt no matter what you decide, but you need to put yourself first. For whatever reason you need to let them go, college, life, different mindsets, know that although you can be separated from this person for a long amount of time, it doesn't mean it's the end of your story, it's just the end of this chapter.

"If you really love someone, let them go. If they come back to you, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."

You can let go of someone to better your own life and still wish them the best. It's not wrong to wish them happiness or give them a little part of your heart. Whatever is meant to be will work itself out in your life. Life is mysterious, which makes it the scariest part of living, but that's also what makes it one of the greatest adventures you'll ever go on. So, let that person go. If by some force of nature, they come back to you, take it as a sign: they were always yours.

You don't have to fight for love.

It comes at the most unexpected moments, in the weirdest ways. By stepping in the way of fate, you might ruin something you didn't even know was waiting for you. Letting them free means you get the opportunity to open up to a bunch of new experiences and doors that you didn't even think could happen.

Even if you think that the chase is always worth it in the end, it might be better to just cut that part of your life out. You can't force someone to stay in your life when it's not what they really want. If they want to leave, hold the door open for them and let them walk away.

It's better to have loved and lost than never love at all.

Every love can be a lesson. There are things you take away from every relationship, every heartbreak, and makes you a stronger person because of it. Not every lesson is going to be easy to understand. Sometimes it takes months, or even years before you realize what you did wrong in your previous relationships.

The heartbreak you can experience from one person can fuel future relationships. The love you can experience from one person can show you what it's like to finally open up your heart. Do not close yourself off from these vital learning experiences. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Being apart from a person you love for an extended period of time doesn't mean you will never see them again. Sometimes, it's necessary for you to exist without that person by your side because you can truly step back and look at the full picture. You can decide for yourself if they're who you really want. The distance between two people can remind them how much they miss each other. However, even if it grows you two apart, it does not mean you will never see them again.

What's meant to be, will be.

There is no denying it. If something is meant to be, you'll know. There'll be parts of you that will try to fight it, or ignore it, but if you are meant to have something, it will always come back to you. There will be nothing to force, nothing to fight for. So, allow yourself to let someone go if it's necessary, and if they're the one for you, they will always be the one.