7 Healthy, Easy Snacks For People Who Don't Have Time

7 Healthy Snacks That Take 2 Seconds To Make

Healthy eating can be hard, but these snacks make it a bit easier.

41

As a plant-based eater, my metabolism is fast... to say the least. I need to eat snacks or small meals what feels like constantly on some days.

While I'm often drawn to unhealthy options, here are a few of my favorite healthy snacks that take hardly any time to prepare.

Apple slices with peanut butter

flic.kr

Apples are high in vitamin C and go perfectly with peanut butter (or almond butter), which has healthy fats and a smidge of protein. They pair together to create a fairly balanced snack that tastes delicious and can satisfy a sweet tooth if you need to.

Veggies with hummus

flic.kr

Hummus is a dip that comes in so many flavors, you're bound to find one you love. My personal favorites are a classic roasted garlic or the pine nut flavors, but you can't really go wrong.

It has lots of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.

Dip carrot sticks in it or take a few seconds to slice up a bell pepper into sticks, or a cucumber into chips—pretty much any veggie can be dipped in hummus. Carrots are the easiest route, since you just have to rinse them off, but taking a few seconds to slice up another veggie isn't the worst amount of time to prep a snack.

Avocado toast

upload.wikimedia.org

Not only is this trendy brunch food worth the hype, it's quick, easy and loaded with healthy fats in the superfood that is the avocado.

I like to top mine off with tomato slices and all the yummy spices I can, but just a squirt of lemon juice and some salt and pepper do the trick, too. For added protein and creaminess, spread a bit of hummus on the toast before adding the avocado.

Yogurt with fruit

flic.kr

Almond milk yogurt is seriously delicious and a perfect base for fruity heaven.

My favorite is frozen raspberries and a small scoop of vegan Nutella, but banana slices and peanut butter, blueberries and bananas, etc., make just as tasty combinations if that's not your vibe.

Cherry tomatoes

upload.wikimedia.org

Cherry tomatoes are bite sized drops of tomato goodness that are perfect for snacking. If you like tomatoes, I don't see why this isn't at the top of your snacking list already.

Nuts

cdn.pixabay.com

While nuts are expensive and high in fat, they're also high in protein and easy for on-the-go eating. They come in different roasts and flavors, so if salty nuts just don't cut it for you, try the honey roasted or the barbecue or the chocolate or whatever other flavors you can find at your grocery store.

Just be careful not to eat too many because they're high in calories and fat, and one serving is often smaller than you think.

Protein shake

While a lot of protein shakes are meant as meal replacements, making a half-sized shake can do as a suitable snack in my book.

I usually use half water and half almond milk as my base (to cut back on calories a bit while still ensuring a creamy shake) and add in a half scoop of my protein powder.