3 Ways To Keep Yourself Grounded

3 Ways To Keep Yourself Grounded

When life is overwhelming, it is important to stop and ground yourself.

20
3 Ways To Keep Yourself Grounded

This season has been tough on all of us, to say the least. We all have faced many feelings of anxiety and depression during this time. I know that this time has been stressful to me. Then after literally doing nothing for months, and being thrown into the chaos of school, work, and a routine again, it's all overwhelming.

Personally, I am in my busiest season of life. I am more involved than ever, and my schedule is crazier than it's ever been in my life. It has been hard to adjust and slow down. I have had to pin down ways to ground myself, which I will share with you.

Spend intentional time with family and friends.

family GIF Giphy

Personally, nothing helps me more than spending time with my family and friends. Not just a passing text, or saying hi when you get home. Intentional time to talk and do something other than stress and constantly work. My friends have helped me so much at this time. They have been there for pick me ups, talks, or just even getting me a Sonic drink. My family is my breath of fresh air sometimes. Seeing my nephews is always the best way to cheer myself up.

Set aside time to step back and be with those you love.

Do something you enjoy, or that helps you in anyway.

beauty and the beast books GIF Giphy

Lately, I feel like I have put myself on the back burner. I do and do until I physically can't. I literally have spread myself too thin. So, what I have been trying to do is take time for myself. Even if it's just watching an episode of Hannah Montana, reading a chapter of your favorite book, listening to your favorite song, or even take a nap. Just give yourself a little time every day.

Don't put yourself on the back burner.

Know your limits.

Full House No GIF Giphy

Sometimes you need to know how to say no. If you don't respect your own boundaries, you will burn yourself out. Legit, you'll have so many breakdowns, it's unreal. So, know what you can and cannot do. Know when to say no. Even when it's hard. It's going to suck and people will more than likely be mad at you, but sometimes you just have to do it. Stop people pleasing and know it's okay to say no.

Don't let yourself be overwhelmed, or burn out. Ground yourself so that you can keep going, and are healthy physically and mentally.