This season has been tough on all of us, to say the least. We all have faced many feelings of anxiety and depression during this time. I know that this time has been stressful to me. Then after literally doing nothing for months, and being thrown into the chaos of school, work, and a routine again, it's all overwhelming.
Personally, I am in my busiest season of life. I am more involved than ever, and my schedule is crazier than it's ever been in my life. It has been hard to adjust and slow down. I have had to pin down ways to ground myself, which I will share with you.
Spend intentional time with family and friends.family GIFGiphy
Personally, nothing helps me more than spending time with my family and friends. Not just a passing text, or saying hi when you get home. Intentional time to talk and do something other than stress and constantly work. My friends have helped me so much at this time. They have been there for pick me ups, talks, or just even getting me a Sonic drink. My family is my breath of fresh air sometimes. Seeing my nephews is always the best way to cheer myself up.
Set aside time to step back and be with those you love.
Do something you enjoy, or that helps you in anyway.beauty and the beast books GIFGiphy
Lately, I feel like I have put myself on the back burner. I do and do until I physically can't. I literally have spread myself too thin. So, what I have been trying to do is take time for myself. Even if it's just watching an episode of Hannah Montana, reading a chapter of your favorite book, listening to your favorite song, or even take a nap. Just give yourself a little time every day.
Don't put yourself on the back burner.
Know your limits.Full House No GIFGiphy
Sometimes you need to know how to say no. If you don't respect your own boundaries, you will burn yourself out. Legit, you'll have so many breakdowns, it's unreal. So, know what you can and cannot do. Know when to say no. Even when it's hard. It's going to suck and people will more than likely be mad at you, but sometimes you just have to do it. Stop people pleasing and know it's okay to say no.
Don't let yourself be overwhelmed, or burn out. Ground yourself so that you can keep going, and are healthy physically and mentally.
- 5 Ways to Cope With Stress ›
- Thanks For Grounding Me ›
- A Grounding Force In Lifes Turbulence ›
- 8 Grounding Techniques To Do Anywhere ›
- 9 Grounding Techniques If You're Feeling Overwhelmed Right Now ›
- 10 Grounding Techniques For Battling Anxiety ›
- 13 Ways To Grow As A Person ›
- 3 Tips For Staying Grounded In Your Relationship ›
- Be Kind to Yourself ›
- The Law Of Attraction And How To Change Your Life ›
- Grounding Yourself ›
- To the empath who is exhausted as hell ›
- 7 Pieces Of Advice From A Therapist ›
- Grounding Techniques: 30 Techniques for Anxiety, PTSD, and More ›
- What Is Grounding and Can It Help Improve Your Health? ›
- Grounding: What It Is, Benefits, Techniques, and More ›
- Grounding - Wikipedia ›
- How to ground yourself: 35 grounding techniques to calm yourself ... ›
- Anxiety Got You Spinning? 3 Ways to Ground Yourself Fast - Aaron ... ›
- My Elliptical Life: Three Ways to Ground Yourself to Lead in Chaotic ... ›
- 5-4-3-2-1 Coping Technique for Anxiety ›
- Feeling Scattered? 3 Ways To Ground During Turbulent Times ›