13 Ways To Grow As A Person
popular

13 Ways To Grow As A Person

Self growth is beautiful

78643
13 Ways To Grow As A Person
Micheal Harvey Author

Self growth is a lifelong process, but it is something that happens every day even though you may not notice it in the moment. However, take a second to self reflect on the person you are today. Now, look back at yourself five years ago. Is the growth you see not amazing? There are so many ways humans can grow. Ways that you haven't thought of before, but can look into in order to build a better you!

1. Love yourself

One of the hardest tasks we may ever face is self love and appreciation. However, this is the most important thing you need to get through life. You must love yourself. Once you learn to love you, you can love others and life a whole lot more.

2. Forgive

Forgiveness is a lot easier said than done. However, forgiveness brings you inner peace and helps set you free. It can be challenging, but letting go of angry thoughts and resentment will help you to grow into a stronger person in the end.

3. Stand your ground

If you're like me, you probably weren't born with the natural power to speak up for yourself when the situation calls for it. Standing your ground, whether it be in regards to an unpopular opinion or when someone is doing you wrong, is what shapes your personality into a mature and strong adult. When you finally give yourself the power to speak up, you will feel like a brand new person.

4. Figure out what you like

See what your favorite movie is and figure out why it's your favorite movie. Learn your own political view choices and religious choices. Analyze your favorite type of music. Do not let anyone else decide these things for you.

5. Let new people into your life

It's hard to make new relationships, whether it be romance, friendship or just getting along with co-workers. But, think about all of those who have come into your life in the past few years that really mean a lot to you. If you had never let them into your life, you wouldn't have that special relationship to cherish. You never know when the next person you meet might change your life.

6. Don't be afraid to be yourself

Everyone is persuading you to be a certain person: your society, your family and your friends. They can try all they want, but at the end of the day you have to be you. If people do not like the real you, that's on them. Never be afraid to be who you truly are.

7. Discover new things

Take a road trip, try a new food or read a new book. The world has so much to offer. If you discover new things you might discover more about what you like and in turn discover more about who are. Self growth is shaped by knowing who you are as an individual.

8. Keep people in your life that you need

Learn who is bringing positivity and growth to you as a person and keep them around. Learn who is bringing you down and kick them to the curb. The people you put yourself around will impact you. So in order to grow, you need people in your life who are right for you.

9. Take responsibility for your actions

This one is tough. It can be so difficult to admit to others that you have messed up.Some individuals never learn how to do this. But knowing what you've done wrong and admitting to it, especially admitting it to yourself, is humbling and helps you learn how to not make the same mistakes again.

10. Listen to your own instincts

If you feel something in your heart, you need to listen to it. Just because what you feel isn't in statistical data doesn't mean it can't be real. Your instincts are ingrained in you because they help you to know how to survive. Don't ignore them.

11. Set your goals high

Make sure your goals are realistic, but push yourself further than you think you can go. If you set goals you know for sure you can achieve, you've set the bar too low. Do things that are risky or put fear into you. Set goals that you are unsure of and need to work very hard to reach. Once you reach them, you will feel much better about yourself.

12. Know your strengths and weaknesses

No one is perfect. Some people are better at certain things than others. You have to admit that you might not be good at painting, soccer or public speaking. However, you also need to admit when you are good at something. Maybe you are the best singer, the best at giving advice or the best make up artist. If you don't admit that these are your strengths, you are wasting them and not showing them to the world.

13. Reflect on who you are

Inner self reflection is something that many people like to avoid because they are worried about what they could find, but you need to know who you are deep inside. There is a part of you that no other person knows, except for you. In order to know who you are and who you want to show the world, you have to look inside yourself and ask "who am I?"