How To Deal With Your Friend's Horrible Significant Other
relationships

5 Ways To Deal With Your Friend's Horrible Significant Other

When you are hoping its just a phase that will pass sooner rather than later.

83

Having a special someone in your life is awesome, and it is equally as awesome when your friend has that too. Some relationships are going to last a very long time, however, there are those relationships that you know, deep down, are just a phase (or at least you hope). Here are five ways to deal with your friend's not so manageable S.O.

SAY NOTHING (unless it is toxic and abusive)

In some cases, the doe-eyed friend might not pick you over their latest fling. So as hard as it is, just let it run its course.

Just smile

Even the slightest microexpression can lead to a whole lot of pain and hurt. Just smile and wave and try so hard not to let that annoying phase get to you. Remember it's just a phase (or at least you hope so).

Avoid Them

You don't have to be around them. Being around them is probably the worst thing. If you can, avoid third wheeling at all costs. It will save you the grief.

Ignore the stupidity

Don't let the stuff that comes out of their mouths bother you. Whether it was intentional or not, both of them are going to be a different person while they are a couple. You could appear to be a threat to one of them. Even if it is a friend or the intolerable special person. Either way, you will lose.

Remember you’re their friend

When everything breaks loose, they will most likely come to you. After the breakup, you'll be there for them and finally feel validated. But just in case they get back together — don't say anything you'll regret. Be the shoulder to cry on, the ear that listens, and keep your mouth shut!

In the end, you both will realize who your true friends are even through the good and bad times!