Shut The F*ck Up About Emma Watson's Breasts

How Watson showed that women can't be sexy *and* a feminist.

141
Vanity Fair

A recent, sexy photoshoot featuring feminist superstar Emma Watson has brought to light an ugly idea: you cannot be a feminist and also be sexual.

Gasp!

This picture featured in Vanity Fair stars Watson and a very mild, tasteful amount of cleavage. It is obviously very high-fashion, artistic, and just plain classy. According to "feminists," however, showing your breasts to the world (even partially) is a feminist no-no.

Even though all women have them.

Apparently, while it is OK to shout "women can do anything" from the rooftops, actually following through with that idea is not.

"The fight towards gender equality is contingent on women having a CHOICE. The choice to enter the workforce or stay at home. The choice to have children or use contraception. The choice to dress how we please or the choice to bare it all." -Huffington Post

It just so happens, though, that if your choice as a woman offends a person's strange concept of modesty or sexuality, that makes you bad. Or a slut. Or means the world shouldn't take you seriously.

Take this tweet, for example:

Emma Watson: "Feminism, feminism... gender wage gap... why oh why am I not taken seriously... feminism... oh, and here are my tits!"

The last time I checked, flashing your tits doesn't suddenly make accomplishments and progress suddenly disappear. Or am I missing something here? I mean, other than the fact that Julia Hartley-Brewer, author of this enlightening tweet, is so, so misinformed.

In case you missed my article from two weeks ago, here's the gist: female sexuality is perfectly normal, OK, and women shouldn't feel guilty for being sexual.

The whole point of feminism is to empower women to do whatever the f*ck they want, right? Or is that just a nice sentiment we like to spread to make ourselves feel good? The truth of the matter is that a lot of "feminists" are hypocritical twats (yes, yes, the vagina is magical and strong but the slang terms are just so fun to use.

Women should, apparently, fight for equality, for rights, for the freedom to choose to do what they wish--but that's it! Don't actually act on those ideals because then everything you've done for feminism is null and void.

What Watson brought to light with this photo is that women can't have their cake and eat it too. You either speak feminist ideals, or you live them. Guess which one is going to make more of a difference? Hint: actions speak louder than words.

Free those nipples, ladies, and don't give a f*ck what bitter, "feminist," Twitter personas have to say about it.