Accountability in the NFL

Accountability in the NFL

The NFL: let the boys play with their ball

1468
Accountability in the NFL

This is a response to the NFL And Domestic Violence

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/the-nfl-and-domestic-violence

Reading the article on how there is a presence of domestic violence among NFL players got me thinking about the reason why NFL players are not held accountable for their actions, and I came to one conclusion: power.

In its entirety, the NFL holds significant power over Americans in how much of a cultural impact it has on people across the country.

This power belongs to the biggest of the big- the coaches, the players, the giants who donate and the media channels that host the games. With the power that these people hold, they are essentially able to do as they please without any checks on their power.

Many football players abuse what they are granted and get away unscathed.

Many women continue to suffer at the hands of men and the NFL players are no exception, getting away with their actions without any accountability because of the cultural significance they hold over Americans.

In their disciplining of how football players treat women, the NFL would hypothetically attempt to be quick and fair in how they punish players who represent their organization. This does not hold true though. As mentioned in the article, the NFL is neither just nor swift in how they hold football players accountable.

The question now is how many more women have to suffer before their experiences are justified enough to hold these players responsible.