Obviously, the best part about Thanksgiving is the mountains of food piled up on the dining room table. Most people usually think of the main meal as turkey, or some kind of meat depending on what your specific family prefers.
In recent years, stores have been coming out with vegetarian options for those who want to refrain from animal consumption during the holiday, including the famous Tofurkey roast. However, most people assume that a Thanksgiving feast almost strictly includes animal products: stuffing, casserole, buttered mashed potatoes.
If you'll be having a vegetarian/vegan guest this holiday, or if you're just looking for some alternative options to reduce your carbon footprint, there are a ton of delicious alternatives for anyone who wants to celebrate Thanksgiving without harming the planet.
1. Plant-Based Mac & CheeseGiphy
Who can say no to any form of pasta? This vegan spin on the classic macaroni and cheese will make you question why you ever settled for Kraft.
2. Dairy-Free Mashed PotatoesGiphy
No one wants to miss out on the glory of mashed potatoes. Thankfully, you don't need dairy to make a deliciously creamy bucket of the golden goodness.
3. Roasted Brussel Sprouts
These brussel sprouts have an extra kick to lighten the burden of having to consume something healthy during dinner.
4. Buffalo Cauliflower WingsGiphy
Even though it may not seen like a traditional Thanksgiving staple, these wings are worth adding to the list.
5. Cruelty-Free StuffingGiphy
This meatless stuffing will surely give you something to be thankful for.
6. Butter-Free Biscuits
No Thanksgiving is complete without some kind of bread, and these warm biscuits are the perfect way to get your carb-fix.
7. Sweet Potato SaladGiphy
I know no one ever really wants a salad, but this sweet-potato and tempeh mix will add a little flavor to the unfortunate task of eating vegetables.
8. Peanut Butter PieGiphy
Of course, the classic dessert during Thanksgiving is pumpkin pie, but who is going to argue with having a little more peanut butter in their lives? This no-bake recipe is easy to make and even easier to eat in one sitting.
9. Edible Cookie DoughGiphy
You can't settle for just one dessert this Thanksgiving. Live out your childhood fantasy of eating cookie-dough by the spoon without the risk of salmonella.
Adding animal-free options to your Thanksgiving doesn't always have to mean sadly slapping some green beans onto your plate. There are so many ways to incorporate vegan dishes into your holiday, and all of them can be just as delicious as your "normal" treats. I mean, who will be opposed to more types of potatoes?
- 10 Reasons Thanksgiving Is The Best Holiday, Hands Down ›
- The Holidays As A Vegetarian ›
- Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes ›
- 12 Vegan Thanksgiving Dishes Perfect for Non Meat Eaters ›
- 10 Vegan Must-Try Thanksgiving Dishes ›
- 30+ Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes - Dinner Menu Ideas for ... ›
- 22 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes - Easy Main Dishes, Sides ... ›
- Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes | Thanksgiving Recipes, Menus ... ›
- Ultimate Vegan Thanksgiving Menu That All New Vegans Need ›
- Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes: 33 Meals Made With Real Food ... ›
- Vegan Thanksgiving Dinner Menu & Shopping List - A Virtual Vegan ›
- 35 Best Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes - Vegan Thanksgiving Ideas ... ›
- 28 Delicious Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes | One Ingredient Chef ›
- Vegetarian Thanksgiving | Food & Wine ›
- 6 Best Vegan and Vegetarian Turkey Substitutes for Thanksgiving ›