12 Vegan Thanksgiving Dishes Perfect for Non Meat Eaters

12 Easy Vegan Thanksgiving Dishes That Will Leave You Feeling Thankful And Full On This Holiday

We don't need turkey to enjoy our Thanksgiving.

27
https://unsplash.com/photos/E_yNrc9l3wg
Unsplash

A lot of people tend to think that the holiday season is hard for non-meat-eaters and that we must somehow only eat green beans. Yes, in some ways you're right, because most of the classic Thanksgiving staples aren't vegan-friendly. But while you have your turkey and your stuffing and pies, we also have an array of delicious and easy plant-based dishes that we can make. Here are only a few of my favorites that all vegetarians and vegans can enjoy on Thanksgiving (and will leave everyone else speechless from not realizing they're vegan).

1. Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts

This side dish is perfect if you're looking for a healthier option on the table! For the recipe, just swap the parmesan with nutritional yeast or Daiya vegan cheese, and you'll be good to go.

2. Brussel Sprout and Kale Salad with Maple Glazed Tofu

My family and I made this last year for Thanksgiving and let me tell you: this dish is AMAZING. It has the perfect mix of veggies, protein, and a nice fruity taste thanks to the cranberries. This recipe is super easy to make, and can also be perfect for leftovers.

3. Caramelized Sweet Potatoes

If you're a huge fan of sweet potatoes, then this is the perfect dish for you. This super sweet recipe only takes 30 minutes, and only requires very few ingredients (the original recipe calls for maple syrup, but if you want a healthier option, agave also works too!)

4. Biscuits

No Thanksgiving table is EVER complete without some type of bread, and biscuits are definitely my favorite grain that complete the menu. These biscuits are super easy to make and will make your entire family question how they could be vegan.

5. Vegan Pot Pies

This hearty dish only takes one hour to make, and looks SUPER delicious! These bite sized pies are also the perfect size to leave you satisfied, but still yearning for some dessert.

6. Power Bowl

If you like a little bit of everything and want to keep it healthy, make this yummy power bowl which has all of your Thanksgiving favorites. From stuffing to sweet potatoes to lentils, you'll be getting every course into this one bowl, along with good amounts of protein, fiber, and healthy carbs!

7. Pecan Mushroom Wellington

Instead of spending hours on the turkey as your main dish, you can spend an hour and 15 minutes on this scrumptious looking meal.

8. Vegan Stuffing

Yes... you read it correctly. If you're vegan, you no longer have to sit out on eating your favorite dish at Thanksgiving, because it can be veganized! It only requires nine ingredients, and you'll be getting the perfect blend of protein and fiber from the whole grain bread and lentils.

9. Red Lentil Chili

I've always been a HUGE fan of chili, and Thanksgiving is the perfect time to sit down with a nice, hot bowl of chili because of the cold weather. This is another amazing dish that has a great amount of protein and fiber, and will most likely leave you full and satisfied.

10. Apple Crisp

Fall and Thanksgiving are the perfect time for apple-based desserts, and apple crisp is definitely included in that mix. In only one hour, you'll have a delicious, sweet dessert that will have everyone at the table fighting over who gets the last bite.

11. Pumpkin Cheesecake

Cheesecake is one of my all-time favorite desserts, and I can still enjoy it as a vegan. This is a super delicious recipe perfect for the holiday, and one that won't make you go broke from The Cheesecake Factory.

12. Mini Pecan Pie Tarts

Pecan pie > pumpkin pie, sorry not sorry. Instead of worrying over having too many slices of pie, indulge in these delicious mini pies, that are around 150 calories each. Not only are these mini pies super easy to make, they're also super cute!