Why Canandaigua, N.Y. Is The Best Place On Earth

It’s not called “the chosen spot” for nothing

5099
Pinnacle North

Canandaigua is the Iroquois word for “chosen spot,” and this town sure lives up to its name. Located in the Finger Lakes region of New York State, the area is absolutely blessed with beautiful scenery and a number of attractions that make it unlike any other town. Now, I may be a bit biased, but I’m sure that anyone who has ever visited or lived in Canandaigua can agree that there’s no place like it. Here are just a few reasons why Canandaigua is that absolute best.

Main Street.

Main Street Canandaigua is known for its variety of services and shops. With art galleries, gift shops, antique stores, and restaurants, there is something for everyone on Main Street. This quaint and charming street is the perfect place to shop local. Not to mention that South main street heads right down toward the lake.

Canandaigua Lake.

Canandaigua Lake, the third largest of the 11 Finger lLakes, is the pride and joy of all Canandaigua. The lake could possibly be the most essential part of the community’s identity, and it’s certainly one of the most important assets that make Canandaigua so special. The beauty of the lake along with its surrounding rolling hills combine to make this area one of the most beautiful places in the state. It’s truly breathtaking. From The Canandaigua Lady, to paddle boarding and wind surfing, the Ring of Fire, the pier, and Kershaw Park, Canandaigua Lake provides both residents and tourists with endless opportunities for recreation. I can't imagine a summer not spent on this lake, and I'm sure any other resident can't either. It is truly the place to be in Canandaigua.

The community.

The overall sense of solidarity and camaraderie in Canandaigua is truly remarkable. Never have I encountered a population of people that can compare to that of Canandaigua. The entire community is so tight-knit and have proven time and time again that they can come together to spread love and joy. In times of mourning and sadness, such as the loss of a beautiful beloved and influential community member to cancer, the Canandaigua community came together to support and console each other to get through the devastating time. As well as in times of celebration, like the graduation of a senior class from Canandaigua Academy, everyone comes together to support each other and celebrate. Canandaigua is way more than just a community- it’s a family.

The restaurants.

Around every corner, you’ll find more and more amazing places to eat. There’s a restaurant for every occasion in Canandaigua. Whether you want to grab a quick lunch or go out to a fancy dinner, there’s sure to be a restaurant that will have exactly what you want. Just to name a few, Simply Crepes, Nolan’s, Eric’s Office, Casa de Pasta, Macri’s, Rio Tomatlan, and MacGregor’s are some of the many incredible restaurants here. No matter where you go, you're sure to get an amazing meal along with an unforgettable dining experience. Canandaigua is the place to eat!

CMAC (Constellation Brands, Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center)

For people who live in and around Canandaigua, this is the go to spot for summer concerts. Year after year, CMAC comes through with awesome event line ups and amazing concerts. From country to alternative, rap to rock, and everything in between, there’s something for everyone! When going to a concert at CMAC, you’re guaranteed to have an awesome time and enjoy a great performance at this fantastic venue. This is one of the best places to spend summer nights with friends to enjoy great music. Canandaigua summers simply wouldn't be the same without going to concerts at CMAC.

If you’ve never had the privilege of visiting the beautiful town of Canandaigua, I’m sorry, for you are missing out on the best place on Earth. No amount of pictures could do it justice -- the only way to fathom the true beauty of this place is to see it with your own eyes and experience it for yourself. However, if you have been to Canandaigua, then I’m sure you can agree with me that it is the absolute best place in the world. Canandaigua, New York really is “the chosen spot.”