The Best Things About Living in New York City

11 Reasons It's Worth Taking A Bite Out Of The Big Apple

8863
NYC
https://www.pexels.com/photo/city-cars-vehicles-street-247/

“I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps," Frank Sinatra once said. New York is that city.

It's always on, always moving and always evolving. That's one of the reasons NYC is so great; it never stays the same.

There are also a ton of benefits in calling New York City "home." Here are the best things about living in NYC:

Walkability

Central Park Benches in NYC

www.flickr.com

Not only is the city itself extremely walkable and walker-friendly, it offers Central Park to get lost in greenery and nature.

Celebrity Sightings

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In HollywoodGiphy

It's always worth keeping your eyes peeled because you never know who you'll cross paths with or see from a distance.

Diverse Neighborhoods

Chinatown in Manhattan

en.wikipedia.org

To truly appreciate everything NYC has to offer, you need to venture into its various neighborhoods. This is where you'll experience all kinds of cultural hits, from food to entertainment.

Small Ponds in the Big City

ocean swimming GIF

The big city can be overwhelming at first, but once you find your "small ponds" - based on your interests - you'll meet the right people and you'll find the right places to socialize.

Always Something Going On

Broadway Shows in NYC

live.staticflickr.com

Bored is not really an acceptable word around here. There's always something going on in the city.

You Can't Get Lost

NYC 23rd and Broadway

pxhere.com

Manhattan's grid-based street system makes it nearly impossible to get lost.

Touristy Stuff For Visitors

The Empire State Building

If you ever have friends or family visiting from out of town, it's easy to set up some sights that they'll really appreciate.

Great Food

Joe's Pizza, Greenwich Village, NYC

commons.wikimedia.org

From family-owned diners to pizzerias that go back generations, there is plenty of great food to go around in NYC.

Public Transit

MTA and I Love NY campaign

www.flickr.com

Locals may curse it from time to time, but the public transit system gets you around just about anywhere at a reasonable price.

Rent-Controlled Apartments

Apartment windows, Charles Street at 7th Avenue, Greenwich

www.flickr.com

Once a price is set, it remains the same, year after year after year.

Proximity to World Class Venues

Madison Square Garden

www.honorguard.af.mil

Being nearby world-famous Madison Square Garden and other premiere sights & venues isn't so bad. It's a nice benefit of living in NYC and another opportunity to experience all the best it has to offer.