25 Christmas Movies To Binge-Watch While Jingling In The Holidays

With the countdown to Christmas coming to a close, here are 25 holiday movies to binge-watch before Santa takes off on Christmas Eve.

119
Photo by Alex Munsell of Unsplash

Binge-watching Christmas movies is one of the best activities to engage in during the cold months of the year. However, do you ever have a difficult time choosing which movie to watch next? Below is a list of enjoyable Christmas films that I always enjoy watching while sipping nice warm hot chocolate in comfy Christmas pajamas. Since COVID-19 is keeping many of us stuck in the house, there is even more time to enjoy holiday movies. From the beloved Hallmark cliches to the memorable Christmas comedies, here is a conclusive list of 25 movies to add to your movie bucket list this year.

1. The Santa Clause (1994)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

The Santa Clause trilogy is a heartwarming movie with comedic moments mixed in. If you are a kid from the 90s or 2000s, this movie is probably a classic that has been played yearly during the holiday season. Plus, whether you are a child or an adult, the jokes still remain humorous and hit close to home. The characters are memorable, and who doesn't love the logical premise of Scott Calvin becoming Santa Claus after knocking the old one off the roof?

Memorable Moments:

One of the most memorable moments from the series was when Scott Calvin started transitioning into the new Santa Claus. The ever-growing beard, rapid weight gain, and sudden love of cookies is a humorous addition to the film.

Watch the trailer here.

2. Jingle All The Way (1996)

media2.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

What would you do if you forgot to purchase your son the highly-desired toy of the year for Christmas? Follow Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in a humorous quest to get the Talking Turbo Man Action Figure with the arms and legs that move, the launcher jetpack, and the boomerang shooter. This wacky adventure to obtain a beloved toy is a must-see.

Memorable Moments:

Don't miss the massive fight between mall Santa Clauses and Schwarzenegger's character. Who knew Santas could be so angry?

Watch the trailer here.

3. The Snowglobe (2007)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

This is a nontraditional Christmas love story involving a little magic and madness. When Angela finds herself in a snowglobe, she is forced to go on a journey of self-discovery to find her ideal Christmas and true love. If you are a lover of Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies, than this is a must-see this holiday season.

Memorable Moments:

Be on the watch for Christmas goose, meddling family members, and gifts of mittens.

Watch the trailer here.

4. A Cookie Cutter Christmas (2014)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

What could go wrong when two childhood rivals compete over the same guy during the holiday season? Nothing good. Watch this movie if you love a romanic comedy following a schoolteacher emotional growth and improved baking abilities while competing in a cookie-making competition.

Memorable Moments:

Spilled milk and burnt gingerbread cookies are two memorable moments to look for throughout the film. Competitive singing of Christmas songs during a professional work party is another highlight of this film. If you know, you know!

Watch the trailer here.

5. A Princess for Christmas (2011)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

If you love all things royalty, then you will thoroughly enjoy this film where a poor young woman travels across the world to give her niece and nephew the family and Christmas they deserve. Although the Duke is reluctant to get in the holiday spirit, the mansion soon becomes jolly and love brews between two unlikely characters.

Memorable Moments:

Everything that transpired during the unexpectedly-thrown Christmas Ball is heartwarming and memorable. Who doesn't like when the snobby antagonist gets thrown into their place?

Watch the trailer here.

6. Christmas Cupid (2010)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

If you are tired of seeing The Christmas Carol in the same way, then this is the film for you. As Sloane navigated her career-driven life, she became a bitter and loveless individual caring only about the next best thing. Watch the movie to see if she finds love and herself again while receiving help from ghosts galore.

Memorable Moments:

Foremost, Sloane's first interaction with the ghost of deceased actress Caitlin Quinn brings many laughs to audiences. More so, when Sloane encounters the three ghosts of "Ex-Boyfriends Past, Present, and Future" audiences enjoy the comical experiences she goes through in the midst of changing her life for the better.

Watch the trailer here.

7. A Royal Christmas (2014)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

As the name suggests, A Royal Christmas will allow you to get your fill of both fantastical royalty and winter love triangles. While a fashion designer has captured the heart of Prince Leo, his mother, the Queen, has her own diabolical plans to set him up with the visiting Baroness. Watch this movie if you are in the mood for drama and a quest for love despite obstacles and family obligations.

Memorable Moments:

From this movie, you will not forget when American Emily Taylor almost kills the queen while pretending to "sword fight" in the castle. Emily's "training" to fit into royal society is another entertaining segment in the middle of the film.

Watch the trailer here.

8. Finding Mrs. Claus (2012)

media3.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

Few movies focus on Mrs. Claus instead of old Saint Nicholas. She never seems to get letters of her own. Well, this changes in this phenomenal movie when Mrs. Claus travels to Las Vegas to help a little girls get her Christmas wish. If you have ever wondered what this fictional character is like, you should watch Finding Mrs. Claus.

Memorable Moments:

This can be answered with three little words: Mrs. Claus in Vegas.

Watch the trailer here.

9. A Very Merry Mix-Up (2013)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

Although the movie contains some cheesy lines, A Very Merry Mix-Up is a very enjoyable feel-good movie following antique store owner Alice Chapman through her experience in meeting her fiancé's family. The problem? Alice goes to the wrong home, meets another guy, and begins to question where her own love lies.

Memorable Moments:

One very memorable moment from the film involved a made-up game where people write nice things about other members of the family. When playing with Mitchum family #1, the game was sweet and went by smoothly. However, when played by Mitchum family #2, let's just say it was less than ideal.

Watch the trailer here.

10. Christmas in Handcuffs (2007)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

In this film, Melissa Joan Hart plays the eccentric Trudy Chandler who kidnaps a stranger to take home for her family's Christmas celebration. The comedic movie becomes even more complex when romantic emotions start to develop between the kidnapper and her victim, David. To understand the complete wackiness of this movie, make sure to play it on repeat this holiday season.

Memorable Moments:

In terms of comedic moments, David's escape attempts continue growing in humorousness in the beginning of the film. Moreover, being one of the cutest scenes I have ever seen in a Christmas movie, make sure to pay attention to the art show gallery scene at the conclusion of the film. It shows that even if mistakes are made, a positive happily-ever-after could still transpire.

Watch the trailer here.

11. A Golden Christmas (2009)

media0.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

Any dog lover will fall in love with A Golden Christmas as the film is puppy galore. The movie showcases how love can prevail, even if countless summers come and pass.

Memorable Moments:

The discovery of a beloved time capsule is a joyful point in the piece that shows how fate works in mysterious ways. The inclusion of adorable dogs is another positive aspect of the plot that makes the whole movie enjoyable. Everything is undeniably better with dogs.

Watch the trailer here.

12. Santa Baby Series (2006)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

Santa Baby brings a new perspective to the Claus family as Mary Claus, the daughter of Santa and Mrs. Claus, returns home to help the family. This movie brings a new viewpoint to the typical Christmas plot as the daughter needs to decide what she truly desires from her life.

Memorable Moments:

The relatable father-daughter rivalry is a prevalent and enjoyable piece to observe throughout the film.

Watch the trailer here.

13. A Christmas Melody (2015)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

When a little girl and her mother, Kristen, decide to move to the East Coast after falling into hardships in Los Angeles, they both make a Christmas wish. When love starts brewing in the small town between the mother and an old high school friend, wishes begin to change. Will Emily Parson's Christmas wish be heard through her self-written song at the school Christmas pageant? Watch the film to see.

Memorable Moments:

The longstanding rivalry between Queen Bee Melissa and returnee Kristen is a brilliant part of this film. We all know someone like Mariah Carey's character Melissa, which makes the film even better.

Watch the trailer here.

14. The Princess Switch (2018)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

If you enjoyed the classic film, The Parent Trap, or Mark Twain's story, The Prince and the Pauper, then you will love The Princess Switch. The film revolves around baker Stacy DeNovo switching places with her lookalike, Duchess Margaret, who desired to explore the land of Belgravia before marrying the prince. Let's just say that certain people unexpectedly fell in love before switching back to their normal lives.

Also, make sure to watch the movie's sequel, The Princess Switch: Switched Again.

Memorable Moments:

When Lady Margaret and Stacy DeNovo first run into each other, the scene is wonderfully portrayed and shows what it would be like to unexpectedly run into your "clone."

Watch the trailer here.

15. A Cinderella Christmas (2016)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

Most people love Cinderella stories, but they tend to be very similar. Well, here is one with a Christmas twist and a lot of unexpected drama. When Angie and Nikolaus hit it off at the Christmas Masquerade Ball upon finding matching stockings during an icebreaker game, their happily ever after story begins to take form. The question is, will they end up together or will Angie's evil cousin have other plans? This is the perfect Cinderella story for the holiday season.

Memorable Moments:

Watch out for the ending of this movie. What happens at the wedding is unforgettable, especially since the evil cousin is still trying to become rich and powerful through marriage.

Watch the trailer here.

16. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)

media4.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

Do you ever want the holidays to go perfectly? Well, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation comically shows everything that could go wrong during the holiday season. This family film will put a smile on your face and make you appreciate the family you have, even if they make holidays crazy and wild.

Memorable Moments:

I always enjoy when Aunt Bethany says "Grace" before the family dinner. I 'pledge' that this is a humorous scene that you will not forget. Also, be on the watch for attacking squirrels and bright decorative lights that all the neighbors love.

Watch the trailer here.

17. Dear Secret Santa (2013)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

When work-obsessed Jennifer begins receiving Christmas letters from an unknown admirer, she is in for more than she initially expected. Not only does she know the sender, but it is also from her old neighbor who died in a car accident. Does she have a chance of true love? Watch the film to find out!

Memorable Moments:

Seeing the exchange of letters through time and space is a sweet take on the classical holiday love story. The end of this movie is something to be prepared for because it is both heartfelt and charming.

Watch the trailer here.

18. A Christmas Prince (2017)

media2.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

A Christmas Prince is the royal fairy tale you need in your life today. An ambitious journalist uncovers the story of her lifetime while posing as a tutor for the royal princess of Aldovia. Along the way, she makes meaningful relationships with the royal family and needs to decide between her career and the truth.

Memorable Moments:

One of the most lovable parts of the movie is Amber's clumsiness and ability to easily break things. Her "success" with archery continues throughout the series.

Watch the trailer here.

19. Home Alone (1990)

media3.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

Other than the fact that Home Alone is a beloved classic, it is also a mixture of absurdity and relatability. The characters are unique and memorable, and humor appears seamlessly throughout the work. It contains all the components that make up a good movie wrapped together with a bow on top. For kids, the plot sequence is simply humorous. However, for older individuals, it is even more fun to criticize the McCallister family for their poor decision making that led their child being forgotten and needing to fend for himself.

Memorable Moments:

Nothing is funnier than the break-in scenes when eight-year-old Kevin McCallister outsmarted the "Wet Bandits" who had minimal sense to give up on robbing the family home.

Watch the trailer here.

20. 12 Dates of Christmas (2011)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

Imagine reliving the same Christmas Eve twelve days in a row. Kate Staton experiences this mystical experience upon messing up a blind date with a perfect gentleman named Miles. While learning to be a better person and get over her ex-boyfriend, Kate begins to wonder if she will ever wake up on Christmas Day. Make sure to check out this film if you want a good laugh and an exasperating love story.

Memorable Moments:

Certainly, the most entertaining aspect of the movie was watching Kate wake up on Christmas Eve again, and again, and again, and again...you get the point!

Watch the trailer here.

21. Crown for Christmas (2015)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

Accepting the position of governess is not what Allie Evans has in mind for her life; however, it sets her world on its axis. If you love movies where the new-girl catches the attention of the wealthy elite gentleman who already has an engagement to a lady with a title, then this is the story for you.

Memorable Moments:

Princess Theodora's naughty tricks are some of the most entertaining parts of the story, and with her help, you will see the love interests getting their happily ever after.

Watch the trailer here.

22. A Very Merry Toy Store (2017)

giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez strike up the movie magic again while playing love interests in this holiday flick. When a corporate toy store storms into town during the holiday season, two local toy companies (and their owners) must work together to stay in business. Will the characters fall in love or is there too much negative history in the way? Start streaming to find out!

Memorable Moments:

In order to "win" against their cheating corporate competitor, Roy Barnes, the main characters divert his toy order and take back what is rightfully theirs.

Watch the trailer here.

23. The Knight Before Christmas (2019)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

Netflix took time travel to the next level when a medieval knight travels to modern times and falls in love with Brooke Winters, a woman who lost faith in finding true love and a happy ending. Breaching into the realm of absurdity, this is a charming story to watch while decorating your house with Christmas decorations.

Memorable Moments:

Watch out for all the tiny moments when Sir Cole incorporates his 14th century chivalry background into modern times.

Watch the trailer here.

24. Christmas in the Heartland (2017)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

All of us have probably experienced dread when going to certain family functions. Jessie Wilkins and Kara Gentry are no different when they travel to the same town to meet unknown relatives for the first time. A switch at the airport causes a landslide of secrets to be brought to light leading up to the Christmas celebrations. Just watch to see what they were and how the plan works out better than initially imagined.

Memorable Moments:

What is the most interesting part of this movie? The answer is most certainly the "family" Christmas dinner when the most massive secret of all is revealed. You'll come to see that there are more interlocking family ties than initially expected.

Watch the trailer here.

25. Fred Claus (2007)

media.giphy.com

Why should you watch this movie?

When Santa Clause's brother lands himself into trouble, he must come to the North Pole to help out in the weeks leading up to Christmas Eve. As can be expected when family comes together, a whole lot of wackiness, bitterness, and sarcasm ensues. Make sure to add this underrated fantasy tale to your movie bucket list.

Memorable Moments:

One of the sweetest moments in the film is when the elves watch the families celebrate and open their Christmas gifts. It brings a sense of unification and world-wide love and compassion.

Watch the trailer here.