The 10 Best Christmas Movies To Binge

The 10 Best Christmas Movies To Binge

Let's get in the holiday season!

44
The 10 Best Christmas Movies To Binge

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... And the best way to get in the holiday mood is to watch a bunch of Christmas movies! Once finals are over, all you have on your mind is the holiday parties, the finding of the perfect gift for your grandma or boyfriend, or baking the most delicious Christmas cookies! What better way to spend an evening than watching Christmas movies with your friends and family while eating Santa-shaped cookies and drinking eggnog? Still not sure which movie you want to watch? Here are ten of the best Christmas movies, in no particular order, for kids from one to ninety-two!

1. Miracle On 34th Street

Some prefer the original, others prefer the one with Mara Wilson, but no matter which version you like best, you can't deny that this movie evokes the absolute magic of Christmas! It's enough to make any non-believer say "I believe in Santa Claus."

2. A Charlie Brown Christmas

I don't think it feels like Christmas until I see Charlie Brown's little tiny Christmas tree with its single red ornament hanging off of it. And when Linus brings us all together and reminds us what Christmas is really about? Amazing. Besides, no one throws a dance party like the Peanuts gang!

3. How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Again, everyone has an opinion on which version is better, the animated classic or the Jim Carrey remake. However, you can't deny that the Grinch is a holiday classic either way! Who doesn't love a furry, green, antihero?

4. The Little Drummer Boy

Even if you're not particularly religious, the spirit of Christmas lives on in this stop-motion animated film about Aaron, the little drummer boy of the popular Christmas song. Dancing animals and a journey to the manger make this holiday film spectacular while still paying homage to the spirit of Christmas itself.

5. The Santa Claus

"My dad is Santa Claus." Tim Allen at his finest in this holiday family comedy, The Santa Claus is an enjoyable film for all ages! Besides, how many of us watched this movie as kids and thought about what would happen if our dads suddenly became Santa one Christmas Eve?

6. Elf

Arguably one of Will Ferrell's best films of all time, Elf is one of the best movies to watch with both friends and family for its lighthearted humor and supremely quotable script. Just be careful if you watch this one while babysitting or hanging out with younger siblings, because then you'll have to deal with them begging you to try putting syrup and candy on spaghetti for dinner.

7. A Christmas Story

Anyone who has ever been a kid can relate to all of the obstacles that Ralphie has to overcome, from bullies on the playground to your relatives buying you presents you would never want in real life. Plus, you'll have ample time to watch this one has TMC plays it for 24 hours straight on Christmas Day. Just don't watch it the whole time or "you'll shoot your eye out!"

8. The Year Without A Santa Claus

An underrated classic where Mrs. Claus proves that women really do run the world, featuring some of the most hype Christmas songs! You'll be singing the Snow and Heat Miser songs for the rest of the evening and driving all of your relatives crazy. What's more in the Christmas spirit than that?

9. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Fred Astaire narrates the tale of how Santa Claus came to be, with some of the best and most recognizable tunes! This is truly a Christmas classic, and you'll be rooting for Chris the entire movie, and be thrilled when he finally gets the girl.

10. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

Okay, I know I said this list is in no particular order, but I had to save the best for last. While this film is extremely problematic from a politically correct standpoint, it's easy to look past that when you're witnessing the triumphant tale of how Rudolph became Santa's leading reindeer, making a slew of friends along the way that will give you #squadgoals.

So let's haul out the holly, put up the tree, and consume all the hot cocoa and candy canes we physically can while watching all of these holiday classics! Merry Christmas!!