To The Adult Who Still Loves Disney

Disney; when people hear that name then tend to think either one of two things, either a company that stands for family entertainment and experimenting with technological advances that gives timeless classics remembered for years, or a soulless monopoly trying to take over the world. However you see Disney, you cannot deny the fact that there are many adults in their twenties, thirties, and even their forties and above who love Disney with a passion; many of which may be reading this right now. There is absolutely no shame in admitting to loving Disney as an adult.

You may feel a little bit silly sometimes for admitting it, but I will say that it is not silly at all. Disney was part of everyone's childhoods at one point. Their movies have enchanted millions of people for almost eighty five years and they still are doing so to this day. If Disney made a massive impact on your childhood, there is a good chance your parents were just as in love with Disney when they had you as you are now, and your grandparents too when they had your parents. Disney is something that brings kids and adults alike together and gives families something to bond over.

There is also a high chance you were taken to one of the Disney parks when you were little, and maybe there is a chance you go to Disney every year as an adult too. Many people love to relive the memories they had a child and get that fuzzy feeling back for a week and there is no shame to admitting that. Having the chance to relive those childhood memories is one of the greatest gifts anyone could ever have. Plus, having family, friends, and significant others to share those memories with you is an even better gift.

There will be a lot of people out there that will call people who enjoy Disney as adults "weird," "immature," or god forbid, "being brainwashed by a corporate monopoly," but those people's opinions do not and should not matter. Everyone is their own person and they should not be ashamed of what they are interested in. Disney is one of those interests that are supposed to bring people together, but the people who judge others because they like Disney are tearing people apart. You should not let that happen and continue to spread your positivity to others.

And that is exactly what Disney is to most people; a positive company filled with childhood innocence and a place to be happy. There is no other emotion I can describe when I watch a Disney movie other than happy. It is not called "the happiest place on earth" for nothing, after all. Those are the kinds of feelings and emotions everyone should embrace more often, and that is what Disney encourages everyone to do with their films. They encourage others to follow your dreams, use your imagination, and spread positivity and kindness to everyone you meet. To quote Uncle Walt himself, "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever."