6 Reasons I'm 20 And Still Watch Disney Movies Like I'm 12

There's nothing better than a sing-a-long Disney feature.

42
Instagram

Disney movies will never not be relatable. As a child, princesses are the people that you aim to be, talking animals bring to life an imagination, and the storylines are what dreams are made of. As an adult, you re-watch the movies that defined your childhood and realize the amount of adult humor hidden in Disney movies is impressive.

I am unashamed to say that I have watched Tangled at least 50 times, and I will probably watch it 50 more times. At all ages, Disney movies are relatable.

1. They transport you all over the world while sharing so many cultures.

As a kid, it was the coolest thing to me to see different parts of the world in Disney movies. I absolutely adored Aladdin. Every time the Taj Mahal would come on the screen, I would just get so excited because to me it was just the coolest building ever.

Interactions between the characters change depending on the culture that the movie was portraying, so it was interesting to me to see how different kinds of cultures went about their lives.

2. They have taught me to sing through life.

I have loved music since the day I was born. Watching Disney characters singing their hearts out while walking down the streets and hanging out with friends was just the coolest. I now pretend to be the star of a Disney show, montaging around town whenever I see fit. Being able to sing through life also just helps me through the down days. When in doubt, just sing it out!

3. Animal sidekicks really are the best things ever.

Just about every child wants a pet when they are growing up. Watching how cool the animal sidekicks are to their people just made me want a pet even more! When I finally was able to get a dog, I learned that real life pets are basically those awesome little sidekicks.

As a stressed college student with a job, there is nothing I love more than going home to my super awesome sidekick for all the snuggles and kisses.

4. I always have been and always will be a sucker for love.

The idea of love has always fascinated me. Disney movies always have the boy and the girl, they fall in love quickly to only hit a MAJOR bump in the road. Although they have only known each other for a short time, they work through their problems to come out on top, their love only stronger.

Short, cliche, to the point, and I love it. There is nothing better than a good ol' cheesy Disney storyline to get the heartstrings plucked.

5. I still strive to be a princess.

All Disney princesses have the most genuine hearts and incredible bravery. I want to be able to incorporate those skills in my everyday life. It was so cool to me to see these awesome women overcome their troubles and do it with beauty and grace. I just remember admiring how princesses could take a negative situation and put their positive spin on it.

6. When I babysit, everybody wins.

Instead of being annoyed by only being able to watch children shows, I get as excited as the kids for movies! Most of the time I get way more into the shows than the kids do. I consider myself living my best when I can crush a Disney song with the little munchkin that I have for the day.