Check it out!
Danielle Lupo is an American model, Pre Med student, and working Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT).
Working and studying in healthcare field for almost 10 years now, Danielle has acquired a great deal of experience, knowledge and skills.
She keeps herself pretty busy these days mostly working on the frontlines of the covid pandemic and online schooling, working towards a doctorate program.
Her time at home is pretty limited, so she tries to stick to the healthiest and easiest recipes, as possible. As a pescatarian herself, Danielle needed to get creative with her diet.
She found that lentils are a wonderful super food, providing such nourishment from vitamins to minerals, to being a great source of fiber, potassium and folic acid, all which are essentials for heart health!
Danielle promises you will be pleasantly surprised with this easy and delicious, hearty-heart healthy dish!
Here is Danielle's 3 step, 3 ingredient, 1 pot lentil soup recipe:
I make sure I have a box of chicken broth, you can even use vegetable broth, to cook the lentils in for extra nutrition and flavor, make sure you pay attention to the sodium level and choose a less sodium option to stay heart healthy...
One package of mirepoix, which is a chopped up mix of fresh carrots, onions and celery...
And of course a bag of lentils, usually a 16 oz bag...
First, you'll want to sauté the mirepoix in any cooking medium you choose,
I always cook with the always famous extra-virgin olive oil which is also heart healthy...
Then when you have sautéed your carrots onions and celery mix, you'll want to add your broth and lentils.
Bring everything to a boil and then lower the heat, cover and simmer for at least 45 minutes letting the lentils expand and soften, stir periodically and add about 1.5 to 2 cups of water if needed for more of a smooth and soup-like texture...
When the time has passed and you achieved the right consistency, (pictured in pot) you may take a taste and season accordingly if you like, (pepper, garlic powder, tumeric, etc...for this dish is very customizable)...
Serve and Enjoy!
Photos by Allison Pine.
- 11 Healthy And Heavenly Desserts You Can Cook Without Being ... ›
- I Spoke To An Oklahoma City Nurse's Assistant About COVID-19 ›
- Healthy Vegan Meal And Dessert Options You Must Try ›
- 5 High-Risk Women Explain How COVID-19 Could Change Their ... ›
- 10 Health Habits That Need To Continue Beyond COVID-19 ›
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe ›
- 4 Healthy Recipes To Get You Through The Day ›
- Hanna Ann Made Healthy Twix Bars, Here's The Recipe ›
- How to Lose The Quarantine 15: Ten Healthy Recipes Anyone Can ... ›
- Making A Food Instagram Was My COVID-19 Silver Lining ›
- 5 immune boosters to help keep you healthy amid COVID-19 outbreak ›
- 20 Small-Batch Recipes for Your COVID-19 Holidays ›
- Quarantine cuisine: Easy meals to support a healthy immune system ... ›
- Coronavirus: 3 Easy and Healthy Recipes to Try During Work from ... ›
- Healthy Eating During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Minnesota ... ›
- Discharging COVID-19 Patients To Nursing Homes Called A 'Recipe ... ›
- 6 easy and healthy quarantine recipes you can do together as a family ›
- Recipes for Cooking at Home in the Time of Coronavirus | Bon Appétit ›
- 17 Easy Coronavirus Quarantine Recipes to Cook At Home Tonight ›
- Boost your immune system during Covid-19 with 5 tasty recipes ... ›