10 Reasons Why Soup Is Every College Kid's Best Friend
food

10 Reasons Why Good Soup Is Every College Kid's Best Friend

It's literally always there in your time of need.

12

Living in a dorm, it can be a little tricky to find meals that are easy to make and actually taste alright. But fear not, because I've found the answer to this problem: soup.

It's warm.

Especially around this time of year, warm foods are a must. And soup is not only warm, it makes you feel warm on the inside.

It's filling.

Sometimes it takes a lot of food from the dining hall to fill me up, but one bowl of soup does the job super quick. And it's not an uncomfortable, bloated kind of full, either. Just a completely satisfactory one.

It's easy to make.

Seriously I can't think of anything easier to make than soup. In most cases you just put it in a bowl or mug and microwave it until it's hot and ready to eat. It's literally the EASIEST preparation!

It's easy to store. 

Soup, for the most part, comes in cans. Not all college students have fridges to store things in, but most soup doesn't have to be refrigerated, so no problem!

It doesn't create a lot of unnecessary dishes.

Sometimes cooking can seem like a hassle because of all of the dishes you have to do afterwards, but like I said with the easy preparation, soup also leaves little to no cleanup.

There's so many different kinds.

You can't ever really get bored of soup, because there's so many different kinds to choose from! You could get a different soup every day for at least a week!

It's super cheap!

Some brands of soup sell cans for less than a dollar each, which makes it a really cheap meal for the person on the college kid budget.

You're never not in the mood for soup. 

Seriously, soup is always the answer.

And if you seriously aren't, you forget that the second it hits your tongue

Once you start ingesting it, your body remembers why you love soup so much.

It always hits the spot

Soup is pretty much food for the soul.